Sunday 24 February 2013

Crafty Individuals Challenge 'For my Friend'

Well I really didn't know I was going to make this when I sat down at my craft desk today. Everyone has gone out and left me on my own (am I bad to want to shout 'hooray!'?) so after some necessary housework I  thought I'd sit and play. Nothing I really had to do today, but I had this challenge from Crafty Individuals in the back of my mind.

I've also been missing my best friend as she has been pretty poorly lately and not getting out much - just the usual coughs and sniffles but never ending as so many colds have been this year. I've left it a bit late to send her a get well card as I am seeing her tomorrow before we go off on holiday - yay!! Sunshine (I hope!!). Her very favouritest things are beach huts, (you may recall I made this card for her birthday last year) and I just happen to have that CI stamp with beach huts so somehow this came together. Went old school, used my water colour pencils to colour for a subtle effect. It started ATC sized but then I decided to mount it on some other card, triple emboss it and add a magnet to the back so it can be a fridge magnet.  Quite simple, but I hope she'll like it.

QUICK REMINDER - FEBRUARY ART DRAW CLOSES MONDAY 25th AT 9.00 PM.

9 comments:

Jean Hardy said...

I am sure your friend will love this very pretty fridge magnet. Enjoy your holiday and soak up some sun for me too. Jean x

Sandi McLean said...

Sweet card! I am sure your friend will love and appreciate it.

SusanLotus said...

She will like it! I´m sure. ;)

Have a nice day!

Hugs
Sussie

chrissie said...

Fantastic card for your friend Cindy--hope she gets well soon.

Love Chrissie xx

Deborah said...

From Paris (if I remember correctly) to the seaside. They go together beautifully, Cindy, and I am sure your friend will love it. Enjoy your holiday!

nefertiti said...

Wonderful card!!!bizz

Meggymay said...

A wonderful gift to cheer some your friend up.
Yvonne x

Netty said...

Am sure your friend will love this magnet Cindy. Enjoy your holiday, Annette x

Daniele said...

what a lovely gift, so glad you joined us at Crafty INdividuals
hugs

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...