Monday 28 October 2013

Monochromatic Purple at Crafty Cardmakers

It’s time for our next challenge, hosted by Fiona, who has chosen the theme of Purple.  She would like to see cards and projects that are all or mostly purple. Hair/skin colours are also allowed

I wanted to make a little gift for a crafty friend who has recently moved and is avidly awaiting her new craft room being open for business! A thought a small hanger would be appropriate as it won’t take up too much space and so this is what I have made as my DT sample for this fortnight’s challenge.

IMG_0912[1]

The base is an old Maya Road (I think) greyboard shape. I coloured it with Dusty Concord DI then stamped and embossed some flowers and flourishes to add interest to the background. The flowers and embellishments were stamped and cut from a mix of grungepaper and card. The butterfly was made with film and angelina fibres. A chain and a favourite quote finished it off – and I added some rock candy and glossy accents for extra sparkle and shine.

For more inspiration pop over to the Crafty Cardmaker’s Challenge and join in!

REMEMBER TO FOLLOW THE THEME!! 

We are sponsored for this challenge with prizes from DI'S DIGISTAMPS and by HOBBY ART more details over at Crafty Cardmakers.

4 comments:

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous hanging Cindy, its a lovely gift for your friend.
Yvonne

chrissie said...

Beautiful hanging Cindy--love the way you have matched the purples

Chrissie x

Rossella said...

Beautiful hanging, a lovely gift
Rosie x

Shoshi said...

Cindy - I have neglected the blogs I follow for so long, what with the move and everything, and today, having a bad health day, thought it would be a good opportunity to go back and see what everyone's been up to! How lovely to find the beautiful little piece you sent me as a house warming present, which is now gracing my new "Display Zone" in my wonderful new ARTHaven! You can see it here: http://shoshiplatypus.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/my-new-arthaventidying-up-and-getting.html
about half way down, the photo of the display zone - it's hanging on the left hand drawer of the shelf unit! Really nice to read about how you made it. You can also see the fabulous tags you sent me, hanging on the right hand drawer. So kind of you to think of me - and I really treasure the art pieces you have sent me!!

Hugs,
Shoshi x

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...