Wednesday 22 December 2021

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #655

Well hello there deskers, hope you are all well. Thought I'd pop in and say hello and - if you've missed me, the weeks go by so fast!! - let you know I've had a bit of a time of it. When I was last here I was about to kick off my birthday celebrations with a pamper day. Unfortunately, my plans went a bit awry as having gone into Charing Cross as a day patient to attend a routine scan, mum took a sudden turn for the worse, was admitted that night and sadly slipped away a week later from heart failure and pneumonia.

Was a surprise/wasn't a surprise. She was 89, had been poorly, so we had been gently preparing ourselves but hoping, always hoping. Accelerating in a week from OK, could do better to really, really not OK? More of a surprise. I for one wasn't ready it turns out.

Gwendoline Ivy Souster
1932 - 2021
Despite Covid the hospital were brilliant about visiting. All four daughters were with her and all close family got a chance to come in. All in all in this current climate it was as good as it could be for which I am very grateful, other families I know have not fared so well.

My desk is clear as I have tidied in anticipation of Christmas which will now be here at mine, not mum's as planned to spare her travelling.  Instead of a picture of my desk I hope you will indulge me as I post a picture of my lovely mum just after her pacemaker op in July. 

The funeral is  tomorrow, Thursday,  so not sure I will make it round many desks today, a tad distracted. Bear with. Virtual hugs and prayers always accepted however. 

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas. 

Hold your loved ones close!! 

Stay well, stay safe,

Love n hugs

Cindy xx


14 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

So sorry to hear about this, Cindy! Nothing can prepare you for losing a loved one, no matter how long you have to prepare yourself. A lovely picture of your mum - and one to treasure forever, I'm sure. It's good that you were able to say your goodbyes, but it's cruel that it happened so close to Christmas. Thinking of you at this difficult time xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh Cindy, I am so very sorry to hear this, sending you my deepest sympathies. All I can say is your MUm would have hated to linger, it was exactly the same when my mum passed, a proper shock for us but good for her. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow, a hard thing to go through but what a wonderful life to celebrate. Christmas will be very different for sure but I hope you manage to have some kind times as well as tears.
Biggest hugs to you and the family,
LLJ 5 xxx

Neet said...

A lovely tribute to your mum. So very sorry for your loss but Heaven's gain.
Hugs, Neet xx (don't worry about commenting)

Diana Taylor said...

Oh Cindy, I'm so very sorry to hear about your sad news. It's never easy however prepared you are, and my heart goes out to you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and I hope the day goes as well as it can. That's a lovely photo of your mum, and I hope you find some peace over the holidays reflecting on the happy times you had with her.
Sending hugs to you,
Diana xx (as Neet said, don't worry about commenting)

Glennis F said...

So sorry for your loss, thinking of you at this sad time

Crafting With Jack said...

I am very sorry to hear your sad news. Sending you much sympathy and love Angela #17

Helen said...

oh Cindy, I am so very sorry to hear your news, what a shock for you all, even though I know she'd not been in the best of health recently. Hope tomorrow goes as well as it can, and that you manage to remember the good times at the weekend too. Much love. Helen #2 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm sorry to hear your news Cindy but I understand your feelings as I lost my father last year but at 93 you know you have to prepare yourself and we have to be grateful for them having such a long and I'm sure happy life but it still is painful. Thinking about you at this sad time. Sending hugs, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh CIndy, so sorry to hear your sad news. Glad that family were able to be with your Mum in hospital though. I will be thinking of you at the funeral today. Stay safe. Hugs. Sarah #4

Mary Anne said...

Oh Cindy, what sad news. Expected is one thing, prepared for an entirely different thing. Loss is always especially sad, doubly hard and most difficult to process around the holidays. But to be able to be with her and for her to not linger in pain, well that hopefully made the whole thing even slightly easier to bear. I will be thinking of you today and sending all the virtual hugs possible.
Stay safe and well this holiday season.
Mary Anne (1)

BJ said...

Oh Cindy sweetie, what a time. Your Mum looks so lovely in the photo you posted. Hope the funeral goes as well as it can today, saying a quiet prayer for you all now. I've had my own moments of tears the past few days as my post will show, and my neighbour was taken to hospital this morning too, suspected stroke she's 95yrs. (Owen's grandmother). May the Lord on high hold you up at this time of mourning and bless you with His peace. Amen BJ#13

Elizabeth said...

Oh Cindy, sorry to hear your sad news. I'm glad you and your sisters were able to be with your mother in hospital. My thoughts have been with you today. Take care and stay safe. Elizabeth x #22

Marit said...

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry to hear that. Your mum looks so happy and lovely on the picture...take all the time you need and be gentle to yourself dear. Despite the raw feelings, I do wish you and all your loved ones Merry Christmas and a healthy and creative New Year! Sending all of my love and a big hug from Holland, Marit #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Cindy, my heart is with you, I met your Mum online at a MacMillan Coffee morning and she was lovely fun. I’m not sure you're ever ready, and the shock must have been horrid. Deep condolences my friend. I hope Thursday went as well as it could and you were able to draw comfort from it. Really glad that you were able to be with your Mum and sisters at the hospital, its unthinkable isnt it, to imagine it any other way. Thinking of you over the holiday weekend. Xxxxxxx

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...