Wednesday 12 April 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #723

 Good Morning All!! Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself. 

Chaos.

That's all I have on my work desk at the moment. 

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. Sorry I've been AWOL yet again, it's been a blur the last couple of weeks but trying to get some sort of routine back now. Unfortunately it doesn't really seem to include much crafting at the mo. Curating craft stuff - well, that I am a master at!!

Recently made the decision to swap out my craft room into a slightly smaller room, partly because this one is not working for me creatively (get me) and partly so that Son and DIL can have a decent sized bedroom. I have been wanting to make some major changes and decorate for a while but it seemed an overwhelming task. But it suddenly dawned on me that it would be a lot easier to do if I decorated the currently empty room and moved into that space than move all this out (where?), decorate and then put it back. So I have been very busy - it's been decorated, new floor laid and new furniture ordered and being put together as we speak. (When I say I've been busy, I mean looking at Pinterest, drawing a plan, cutting out shapes and moving them around and ordering from IKEA. I paid people to do the actual work). 

So here's my desk in the 'old' craft room.

And here's the new room, currently sans desk.





There's a way to go  and I am resigned to having to get rid of a load of stuff. (Is it worth setting up a sale page she wonders?) But I won't have any excuse not to be crafting once this is finished. And that's a bit scary in itself.  


Must end with a quick photo of the little man who is disrupting all our lives - they finally decided on a name - Lionel Joseph. Can't believe he's 4 weeks old already. 

Have a great week everyone and just to add I will be making ATCs (plural) for the anniversary swap so get your orders in lol.

Love n hugs, Cindy xx

  

14 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy sometimes life is like that but it's very kind of you to give up your room and I just hope you will have enough space in the new one. I suspect it will give you chance to have a good sort out too. Pleased the little man has a name now too. Have a lovely and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x7x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Dawww, what a gorgeous boy your grandson is and I LOVE the name! I can see why you’ve been sidetracked what with him and your new craft room taking shape! I approve of the new space btw, it has a good feel to it and is a lovely light room. Good luck with the stash busting though, be strong!!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Lioenl is so gorgeous I am surprised you have had a chance to do so much desorating and organising Cindy. Look forward to seeing the finished space. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

Mary Anne said...

Awww. So adorable! I went thru similar shuffling about when Dear Son (temporarily) ended up living with us. When he left again I had a major tidy, shifted stuff about, and it has been super helpful. It really isn't about the square footage, but how well it works for you - the light, where you are in the house, etc etc. Have fun getting your new space all perfect!
Happy WOYWW
Mary Anne (4)

Neet said...

Order in please.
Love the new baby and what a lovely name.
I can see how busy you have been and the end result is looking gorgeous. Now I have envy for your space. I too want to cut down on my stash, I have so many stamps I rarely use that it is ridiculous but short of giving them away not a clue what to do.
Good luck with it all and have a lovely week.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Marit said...

Aaahhh, the little man is adorable! Sometimes, a change of space can be inspiring and less space can give your creativity a kick start (I know this from experience.) Enjoy the change and I hope it will blow wind under your wings. Enjoy your day, hug from Holland. Marit #12

Helen said...

Lionel is a sweetie for sure ! Good luck with the room move... you're a brave lady ! Have a fab holiday Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Lionel…omg what an absolutely gorgeous gift of a baby boy, and great name! Oh your life must be turned upside down, never mind all the very brave decorating and moving decisions you’ve made. I understand it, but can’t help quake for you, especially that part where you’ll feel that there’s no excuse not to use it….urgh! I’d like to join up your ATC list please, wonder if it will be made in the new or the old space? Nice new floor btw…makes finding dropped stuff a tad easier than carpet, one of the benefits in my experience!

Crafting With Jack said...

That’s very kind of you to reorganise your craft stuff so your son and DIL can have a bigger bedroom. Though getting rid of stuff is such hard work! Hoping ever goes well x Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Annie said...

Love the name Lionel and what a cutie he is. I'm sure once your new room is fitted out you will fit so much more in so dont give any away yet :-)
I've put you on my list for ATCs...just got to find your address now [If I've got it]
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Crafting With Jack said...

I do agree with you about tactile element of digital crafting. I try to include “texture” but at the end of the day it can’t be anything else but flat! If I had a laser colour printer I would incorporate the print outs in mixed media, the ink jet print outs tend to smear. I even tried putting them in the oven to “fix” them, but no. Angela x

Lynnecrafts said...

Such a lovely boy! Good luck with reorganising your craft spar - you’ve made a good start!
I hope you find room for all your treasures
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10

Kelly said...

Good morning, Cindy... Please ad me to your ATC swap list!
He is soooo precious!
Good luck on the craft room. I've been working on mine for 2+ years. I bet you finish before I do! LOL Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #17

Lindart said...

What a sweetheart Lionel is! Congratulations! It was smart of you to fix up the room you are moving your stuff into first, should make things easier, but I cannot imagine moving into a smaller room! But very generous of you to give up your room. Enjoy that beautiful baby! Lindart #20

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...