Wednesday 8 May 2024

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Morning ladies! Here's my desk.


After returning from Craft Club yesterday I got out all the bits for the big project from our Craft Retreat thinking that today would be a good day to finish it. It is the napkin covered journal you see front centre and I need to add a few finishing touches. I have so many bits to choose from I can't decide!! At the far desk there is a pile of birthday cards ready to be written for birthdays up till the end of June - feeling very organised!

Pleased to report that my class last week went down a storm. We did a technique with embossing folders using the de-bossed side - it probably has a name but I don't know it. We also did some carved wood technique which is virtually the same thing!! Here are some of my samples and finished demo pieces.

I had a phone call last night to remind me I had a stall at Horsenden Farm's Nature Day (where my husband volunteers) on 1st June. I had vaguely thought it was on the 30th so that has sent me into something of a tail spin. I have nothing  ready except cards which are notoriously difficult to shift at craft fairs. oh well, it will  be what it will be but any ideas for something quick and eyecatching welcome. 

Not feeling quite so organised now!!

Crop and swap coming up!! I will be taking ATCs for Crop attendees but do let me know if you would like to swap as I have had an idea and will be staring those soon. 

Have a great week all,

love n hugs,

Cindyxx

11 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh no! I would have thought cards would shift quickly, given everyone needs one at some point. I wonder if you were to take some to work on while you were there, maybe it would make people a little more interested? Seeing "the artist at work" kind of thing?For quickie items, maybe bookmarks? What about the corner origami ones? Or could you get some cheap top spiral notebooks and add a cover? Or the pads and add a decorative topper and a magnet to the back? Hard to think of really fast things! Good luck in any case.

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I know the feeling of last minute ideas..I bought 2 graduation cards and made 2 very simple ones.Just too much going on. LOVE the projects you have shared. And you are very organized. Have a great week Happy WOYWW

Neet said...

Oh Cindy, I am hopeless at thinking of making things for a craft fair these days. Little decorated notebooks spring to mind but that is about it. Things made from Shrink Plastic - jewellery? Stampbord key rings? Papercasting?
Sorry I cannot be of much help, if I do suddenly have a brainwave I will shout out to you.
Looking forward to seeing you and no need to wait on me, I can manage to get about albeit I am walking very stooped at the moment with this hip pain. I'll bring my trolley and then I can zip about the room knocking everything over. (only kidding)
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, I'm here at last. Been doing a bit of gardening while the weather is nice especially as I've got the ATCs finished! Yes I am bragging cos this is not like me, I'm normally rushing to get them finished at the last minute but just had this idea in mind and it worked for once. Look forward to seeing you and hyes we'll have a chat about the moulds, I use mostly resin with mine. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

I never knew that about cards not selling well! I think the price of shop bought cards these days is ridiculous so I assumed hand made ones, that are normally cheaper, would be a great sell. I like Mary-Ann's idea about the artist at work although I know it's hard to look approachable at the same time! Enjoy the sunshine, Lisa-Jane #10

Crafting With Jack said...

Stunning flower cards. Your group must have loved them. Good luck with sorting out for the craft show. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you manage to get some more stuff together for your craft stall Cindy - love the look of that journal. The cards are spectacular. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

that stall has come round quick; hope you think of something quick to make for the stall! the cards from your class at the weekend are beautiful. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your cards and the napkin covered journal...
It is so difficult to know what people will buy - I am always amazed when things go from our stall. My most recent success is an op shop bought tall jar with origami cranes hanging in it...
With very best wishes for a Happy WOYWW!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #4
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These cards are absolutely beautiful Cindy. This is a technique that I really want to try too. The embossing folder that you've used is so pretty too, as are the colours that you've used. I'm loving the look of your napkin journal too and wish you all the best with your craft fayre. Have a great weekend - Michelle #2

BJ said...

Oh my life, 3rd freebie course started today, as if I wasn’t having enough trouble, at least it has got cooler and I can think again, been really struggling this past week even had to leave church early as I couldn’t cope… Just to answer your question, no I won’t be at the crop, but yes to a SWAP via snail mail, must sort out addresses. Super cards, glad the class went so well. Hugs BJ#5

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #780 - 15 years!!

 A big achievement - as I'm late posting I have already read Julia's news, end of an era certainly but I am in awe that she has  com...