Wednesday, 26 August 2026

What's On Your Workdesk, Wednesday #899

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW,  now being hosted on Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the link for that lovely lady - Sarah's Craft Shed - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself. 

Yes your eyes do not deceive you, it is me. 

It's been a minute.

What a summer. I have spent most of it sitting on my deck under a gazebo, drinking iced coffee, reading and gazing at my garden. 

Don't flip out, my lawn is green because it's fake. I love it (although I have had genuine concerns about it actually melting this summer) and I feel there is enough eco goodness going on in my space to make up for a little fake lawn to look at where a real one wouldn't grow properly anyway.


My South facing craft room has been a no go area, almost consistently 34 degrees and upwards despite my best efforts. so not a lot of crafting being done. Even on this relatively cool evening it is still 25.  So my desk is empty, although the room is pretty tidy. 

The WIP box is down to 3 projects that are a little too complex for a heatwave and my scraps have been organised to within an inch of their lives. The NBU box has seen little activity but it's in my sights. Productivity is way down, although I did make this card for an ex work colleague who turned 70 in August. 

Box lid

open card


Here's a pic of Lionel, soon to be a big bro as we are awaiting a new 'Little Splodge' in a couple of weeks.  Can you believe he starts nursery in September? My son and daughter in law have a provisional date for completion on their house - 25th September - though I'm not holding my breath. There's a lot going on so can't guarantee I won't disappear again but for the moment I have a little more time.......

Hope you are all well, have a good crafty week and love n hugs from me, 

Cindyxx

14 comments:

Helen said...

great to see you. good news re splodge 2. typing one handed as broke my wrist last week . helen xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Gosh Cindy, you are looking fabulous! So lovely to see you on the desks today, I really hope you can make next week to celebrate the 900th edition. Your craft room is looking lovely and tidy, ready for when the temperatures are back to normal. Lionel is looking very cool and what great news that you’re going to be a granny again, hooray 🥰🥰
Hugs LLJ 2 xx

BJ said...

Oh you are funny with your fake lawn expo. Yes my bedroom has been constantly warm even with the air-con going full blast for months. Now I can open my windows to the cool in the night/mornings but get pile driver whirring, saw cutting, hammers banging, HGVs passing and the dust is black. Adore the 70 card box lid and super card. Oh my word hasn't Lionel grown. Hugs Bj#12

Lynnecrafts said...

Good to see you, Cindy, your patio looks nice and (relatively) cool. Leo’s growing up fast and congratulations on the soon to be here grandchild. The card for your friend is pretty!
Happy WOYWW
Hugd
Lynnecrafts 11xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's always good to see you. You look well but a bit fed up I think. The front of my cabin faces south so all the sorting out has had to stop so our dining room is looking like a craft room now. The artificial grass is a great idea but we just have too much to cover or I would have it too. We don't have a big house it's just most Lincoln houses have big ghardens as there was plenty of land to spare. This is late for me today as I’m still trying to sort out the new laptop. Wishing you a very happy woyww, hugs Angela x10x

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Hi Cindy! Your garden looks beautiful, so I agree, no need to fret over fake grass. Your studio looks lovely and very efficiently organized, and I love the card you made. Lionel is a handsome fellow, and know he'll love being a big brother. Blessings!

Elizabeth said...

Nice to see you back, Cindy, and looking fabulous. Great news about Lionel becoming a big brother. Hope you'll be able to get back into your craftroom now the temperatures are dropping. Have a great week. Elizabeth #13

Kelly said...

Good morning, Cindy!
Was great to see you pop by this week.
The heat is just as bed in my area. I've learned as I age, I don't handle the heat well. I get a day where I feel great and plow through a cleaning project only to be wiped out the next day. Getting older is not for the faint of heart, for sure.
Your 'fake' lawn is perfect for this weather. Nice and green with no tending needed.
Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly #15

ukmaryanne said...

Happy quite late WOYWW catch-up!
Lovely to "see" you there. I am on a top floor room too and it can be hot, but we've managed my strict sun-management. Cannot wait for it to be DONE. Love your garden & patio table, so pretty, and the card is as always just fab. Lionel is looking gorg too and a new Little Splodge will be much fun for sure. Fingers crossed on the house!
Mary Anne (4)

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lovely post to read today. Love the card! Happy WOYWW! Susan #7. I am now in Rehab after my hip replacement and doing well!

Kyla said...

lovely to see you and wow 34 degrees!!! Yep dont blame you for not being in there! Life sounds busy and some great family news too. Kyla

Sarah Brennan said...

What wonderful news about Splodge 2 Cindy. I am sure Lionel will be a fantastic big brother. Good to see you back. Hope as it gets a little cooler you manage to get into your craft room. Stay safe and Happy Belated WOYWW. Sarah

Spyder said...

Evening Cindy! I'm sooo jealous of such a tidy crafty space....Ive been trying all year to sort it out and it's worse than ever! The heat got to me too, specially when I had dogs staying...They still wanted to go out! Its too hot!! Anyway, its been a bit cooler now, and we've had rain! Which is why I've been unplugging my gutters....hate getting on ladders, so a man is coming on Friday Have a great week! Happy last weeks WOYWW!?((Lyn))#16

Twiglet said...

Looking good Cindy and that little poppet has grown so fast. Hope all goes well for them. Happy 900th post. x x Jo 🌈

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #901

  Morning d eskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW,   now being hosted on Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the link for ...