Friday 3 October 2008

Imagine - a Journal page for Paula


Have done quite a lot this week but had no time for blogging (or updating my DACs which is now getting so behind it's in danger of overwhelming me.)

Still finally finished this page to my satisfaction - it has had a few re-incarnations - and posted it this morning. The idea came from a doodle I did on holiday, the original 'doll' shape that I drew I looked very motherly, in fact pregnant, and put me in mind of Paula who had just told me she was expecting (Yay!! Congratulations again). I like the quote, which I believe is from Walt Disney. I did a tape transfer on to the mountboard heart (heaven knows why - islagiatt)but then I didn't like the edges of the tape (I never do). I tried to make them disappear by using matt golden gel (didn't happen), then tried clear embossing over the top (made it worse as plastic all curled.) So just before scrapping it decided to attempt to fudge the edges with a bit of Metal Magic which I then stamped into. I was very happy with that. I won't bore you with the background - only done twice, but the original head to the doll had clay hair that I rolled by hand (Heidi has told me how she does hers now but I haven't bought the machine yet) but it wasn't that good. And I also made the strange decision to paint the face and put eyes and eyelashes etc - SOMETIMES this works, but this one looked like an overpainted tart so like the queen of hearts I shouted 'off with her head' and replaced it with one with closed eyes and re-did the hair with fine black cord. Much happier. And I promise I will stop using that KLIMT swirl stamp ................... even if it is only because I have bought some different ones! Am loving curly, wurly, swirls.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Totally lush Cindy - would love to have seen the overpainted tart though - lol!

Sian said...

Brilliant! I love it and I know Paula will too. I agree with Sherry though. I think you should show us a picture of the overpainted tart. :)

Sherry said...

Cindy - just to let you know that 'you've been tagged'! Details are on my blog x

DF - Heidi said...

this is totally fabby nearly as cool as the one you made me ;0) paula will love it

Heather Robinson said...

This is so clever and so intriguing to me. I just keep enlarging it to take in all of the wonderful detail.

Sheila said...

I saw your blog in the comments on Mind Wide Open and wanted to come over to thank-you for voting for my piece and take a look around. Your work is beautiful! PS- I love the Klimt swirl stamp. It's on my wishlist.

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Beautiful!! I love the layering and how subtle the quote is...

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...