Tuesday 14 December 2010

Tagtastic, 12 tags done and dusted...

Here are the last four tags, and finally a challenge I have managed to complete pretty much on time (some of us do have to work you know!!)

Tag 9 - Paper Rosette


Who knew that this would be so easy to do? I don't have the die, but I took a piece of 12 x 12 paper and ran it through a punch to give a scalloped edge and then used the scallops as a guide to fold it. The tinsel not so easy to stick on - BIG mistake not getting out the glue gun!! And as for the brads - I don't have a texture hammer but a big bang with my ordinary one seemed to do the trick!!


Tag 10 - Packaging


I had to go off at a slightly different tangent as I didn't have any snow men shapes but the basic principle of embossing acetate packaging worked really well. The 'bauble' is a chipboard shape and I stamped flourishes on it in gold but they didn't come out that well - however, I think it made it look suitable 'old'.




Tag 11 - Foam stamps


Well I groaned again. Don't have these dies, I have mainly nesties... but hey, what about the poinsetta die again? So out it came again and I made a foam stamp with it. Worked really well I thought and really easy to do (of course I just improvised with pritt stick to attach it to an acrylic block but it still worked. I guess it is better to do it properly if you think you will use it a lot.) For the rest I just used a few embellies I had laying around and put bells on because the text is about Christmas bells.


Tag 12 - Movers and Shapers........ Say again??


Had never come across these before, I can kind of see the appeal but don't think they are anything I would ever buy. I did try to make a bauble using nesties and that die again to cut a hole in the centre (it was that or a bird) as I thought that was kind of what the technique was about but my bauble went all curly when I added the crackle paint - don't really like this one that much which is a shame as it is the final tag. I did however find the mica that I couldn't find for an earlier technique (it was somewhere safe) but can anyone tell me how the h*** do you split that stuff up? I just end up with flakes.


Well that was great fun but phew, all that improvisation has done my head in and I've still got more cards to make..... now, where did I put those peel offs?

8 comments:

Netty said...

woo hoo you made the finish line Cindy. All fabulous improvisations my friend. Terrific tags. Annette x

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Yeyyyy well done, they look fabby :D
Julie xx

Maggie said...

Brilliant tags improvisation is great know what you mean about the brain cells having to work overtime! Great to get to the finishing line though what fun along the way.

Jean Franks Beck said...

I absolutely adore your tags!!! Your improvisations are brilliant - so very creative. Love how these turned out. (I was laughing out loud about how your regular hammer seemed to do the trick.... who needs fancy Tim Holtz designer stuff? Not me!! - Thanks for sharing!)

Anonymous said...

Great TAGS!!!!

Real Estate

Deborah said...

Well done Cindy on doing the lot - and so fabulously. I didn't attempt any and I don't even have the excuse of work :-)Your improvisation made them much more interesting than if you had all Tim's stuff.

georgina said...

oh they are fabulous Cindy, luv Georginaxx

Brenda said...

Great tags

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...