Saturday 13 April 2013

This week I have been mainly........

decoupaging. Or that's what I call it. Not the 3D stuff, the lots of layers of varnish (or in this case, decopatch glue) and lots of sanding stuff.

This is the Christmas tissue box that has been languishing on my desk.

We saw some of these at a Christmas Craft Fair last year and one of my friends (her house is a grotto at Christmas, she even has a santa toilet seat cover) was uhmming and aahing over the price of the ones on the stand. So I rashly said, oh I'll make you one for Christmas.... Fortunately I didn't specify which Christmas. 




At that point the other friend I was with pulled a face and raised an eyebrow.... so I said alright I'll make you one as well, what do you want on it . She said roses, shabby chic.

It's her birthday in a couple of weeks which prompted me to get a wriggle on. I made a little tag to go with it as well.

Well I hope they like them. Must learn to keep quiet!!

7 comments:

Meggymay said...

Great make overs Cindy, I'm sure your friends will love them.
Yvonne.x

Astrid Maclean said...

This is just my kind of Decoupage Cindy and I love what you did with the boxes, specially like the rose one and the tag is stunning too! Great makes and I bet your friends will love them!

SandeeNC said...

LMAO...loved it, great story and I hope your friends appreciate them! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

chrissie said...

Both of these are gorgeous and I am sure your friends will be thrilled with them

Love Chrissie xx

Rossella said...

Hi Cindy
These are lovely, you have very lucky friends,
Rosie x

Sandy said...

Beautifully done Cindy - I am sure I would make a total mess of it!!
Sandy

Fuchsia said...

I quite like this look at the moment I love yours !

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...