Wednesday 2 October 2019

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday - WOYWW #539

Morning Deskers.

Well, I don't know about you but I'm already having one of those days. One of those not quite ready for it all, feel a bit fragile, one step at a time, taking it easy kinda days. Nothing wrong, very happy, just feel a bit - slow LOL. Hubby, fairly newly retired and frustrated by the rain preventing him pursuing projects in the garden is up uncharacteristically early and already painting the bedroom. It's not that a big deal, the 'new' duvet I bought in trendy grey and mustard is 3 years old this month, that's how long I have been waiting. Still, think the colour scheme is still fashionable... Typical male, didn't think I might need anything in the bedroom so I barely managed to grab a few items of clothing as he started moving and covering the furniture - in my befuddled 'I've only had one cuppa so far today' state I appear to have made some strange choices. It appears that today I am going commando. Still, I'm not expecting visitors.

I'm wittering because there isn't much on my desk. Here's the photo to prove it. And look at that sunshine. Will be outside a bit later I hope.


I'm very pleased with the tuxedo style card we did at craft class yesterday - yes I staged that. I think I'm going to repeat with my other group, even though we probably won't get to it till the new year. Also very pleased with that tidy backdrop on the windowsill.

I'll tell you why. I am an inveterate retainer of small pieces of card. I always think - oh that's too big to throw away (1.5 x 1.5 is about my limit) I could die cut a flower, stamp a sentiment ....... do I ever? Arriving home from class yesterday I was inexplicably depressed about the overflowing mess that was my scrap box and, despite many other more pressing concerns, sat and tidied it up, cutting things into sensibly sized rectangles and squares and ruthlessly discarding the rest (hubby will have a fit when he sees the recycling bin). But oh the fulfillment!! Am I the only one who finds mundane tasks like this to restore order so rewarding? I hate housework, but I do like my 'stuff' to be tidy. Shame I don't possess the gene (or discipline) to keep it that way.

Anyhoo, enough of that, why am I even here? Because it's Wednesday, when we snoop around crafty desks and catch up with their latest projects (and purchases - you know who you are). All this comes courtesy of the wonderful Julia Dunnit of Stamping Ground. Pop in and have a nose why don't ya.

Happy WOYWW.
Cindy

16 comments:

Glenda said...

I am the worlds worst not to use bits of cardstock left over from another project. Very wasteful I know but there you have it. And I'm not very ashamed either.
Glenda #14

Helen said...

I have loads if tiny bits too . Why do we do it .... that card is great . Had a good chuckle at your post today. Helen #1

craftyani said...

Had to laugh only last week I purchased a bigger plastic box for my discarded pieces of card too good to throw away. So it's not just you I think we are all guilty. Have a good week. Ani#6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've just spat my tea out!! I did have my suspicions about you Cindy, but to confirm it so brazenly......still, going commando means less washing so I think we should embrace it. Hope your hubby finishes so you can go back to bed later this evening!
HUgs LLJ 8 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. Oh your post made me smile so much - if hubby gets too enthusiastic - tell him he can come do some decorating in my place... No, I'm not terribly good at using up the bits of card I have kept "because it's too large to throw". I have a purge sometimes and actually refuse to cut into another whole piece... but it doesn't happen very often.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

LOL, you made me laugh, Cindy! I hope you managed to get some underwear in the end. Your husband sounds just like mine when he's on a job - tunnel vision and single-mindedness focusing on just one thing - perhaps all of them are like that? It's probably because they were hunters as cavemen and they're still programmed that way. Your card looks lovely with all those die-cut flowers - and your desk is just begging to be messed up again! Happy crafting and enjoy that sunshine! zsuzsa #16

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Grey is a very popular colour in this house... it's spreading like a virus everywhere :D A hint of any colour works well with it all. I have to agree with you regarding saving bits of card, it can be depressing when we access just how much we have saved but there's just not enough room in this house to save everything. Love your card btw, is it like a pop up?
Sorry i'm late we have been making the most of the dry weather today ripping up rotten decking in prep for a relay. Make the most of Hubby's helping hands it gets things done twice as fast.
Happy WoywW Tracey #5

Caro said...

I'm so impressed with the sorting out your scraps, I have two scrapboxes and they are overflowing! Love the card with those flowers, so pretty. Happy WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#12)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to hear I'm not the only one that keeps bits of left-over card but they can be useful and this is a gorgeous card. Hope you have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x15x

April said...

Love your card. My husband finally installed the removable shower head that had been in the bathroom closet for over 10 years last week. And only because he was being inconvenienced by my daughter coming to our bathroom to use ours. LOL
April #20

Fonda said...

Stopping by to say hi, fellow deskie! Happy WOYWW! Fonda #23

Kath said...

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday too although I'm not sure it's going to last! My snippets box never seems to get any less - I think it's because I hate throwing anything away!
Kath x

Sarah Brennan said...

Yep, I have an overflowing 'bit box' too Cindy. every so often I give it a sort out, but it seems to encourage breeding lol. Hope you feel a bit more with it today and that the decorating doesn't take too long now hubby has started on it. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #4

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Cindy think most of us hear you on the I do like my things to be tidy ..shame I don’t keep them that way! That’s me all over and yes getting more ruthless over scraps lately.. for me!
And had chuckle of you hastily gathering up random garments before hubby attacks the painting of walls! Not time to get sorted is enough to make anyone go slow!
Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #18

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Cindy, sorry to be late, Am delighted by your scrap box work. It’s actually just the sort of job I do when there are more pressing matters..or something in the oven that needs careful timing! Your windowsill looks marvellous. But not as marvellous as the tuxedo card, it’s gorgeous, how clever you are. And patient! I hope the painting was interrupted for the good weather yesterday, it was really lovely.

Neet said...

Something made me come back to you as I honestly thought I had commented but now cannot see anything so a week late -

Yes, yellow and grey is still fashionable. In fact I have seen quite a bit of it lately so you are bang on trend. I like grey, it seems to work with so many other colours and even though I am not a pink person I do like it with pink.
Had to smile at the thoughts of you going commando. I had a friend who always went that way - I don't think she possessed a pair.
The card you have on your desk is lovely, not sure why you called it a tuxedo style but it looks lovely as does the backdrop - yes you are lovely and tidy.
Well, I must say that in my scraps, every now and then I throw out all the little pieces. I would not have the same fulfilment as you in cutting them up - they still wouldn't get used.
See you tomorrow (on WOYWW)
Apologies & Hugs, Neet xxx

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...