Wednesday 26 August 2020

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #586

Starting to sound like a broken record - but yes, it's Wednesday again!! The last Wednesday of August - who'd a thought we'd still be in this mad situation. Hope you are all well. Out to lunch today - 2nd time in a restaurant since March!! - so I may be a bit late getting round. 

Why am I telling you all this? Because it's WOYW Wednesday, the day when we go for a wander around the desks of the great and the good courtesy of the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground. Pop on over and join in why don't ya?


Right my desk - yes we have returned to Christmas. (To be honest I only just about finished tidying up from that online workshop on Monday, what can I say, not much has been getting done in the craft room - I think I peaked last week). Question - am I the only person who puts glitter glue on their cards and immediately plonks something on top of it? Truly, I think its a unique skill set. 


So these cards are from a pack of scraps I found in my stash which I cut into strips or squares and then made some backgrounds. Nothing particularly challenging about these but I do love using up bits. Imagine the satisfaction when I actually get around to using the 15 or so packs of Christmas papers I have in my Christmas stash. I did  manage to finally cut the TH snowman die I bought last year in a sale. Lots of bits but actually quite quick to put together. I never cut the eys for these kind of dies, they are sooo tiny. That way madness lies I think, so a bit of black pen has to suffice. 

That's about as far as I've got. Oh and yes, the giveaway. I haven't forgotten. I put all the names in a hat (well a small box actually I couldn't find a hat) and CARO came out. I might have your address somewhere but you'd better confirm it and I'll get off this week. Will be in touch.

Have also been busy this week celebrating DD's 29th birthday. Here she is my darling girl.


And just for fun, for those who wonder when I talk about WIPS and UFO's, here's an explanation and a few I haven't come across before.

Have a good week everyone, stay well, stay safe and I'll see you in September. Eeek!!

Cindy x



16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy belated birthday to your daughter Cindy. I like your idea for using up scraps and making quick backgrounds for cards. I also may need to steal that acronym list! Stay safe and happy WOYWW Sarah #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy Birthday to your DD, gorgeous gal and I love her dress!! The And Finally acronyms made me hoot, I shall have to remember some of those. Well done on using up scraps for those Christmas card backgrounds, they work really well!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxxx

Susan Renshaw said...

In my case it's my husband puts something down on it - or he moves my 'squashing book' with no care there might be something under it...
I am pinching the acronym poster!!
Happy WOYWW! Stay safe and keep well. Susan Error with #9 so #19

Diana Taylor said...

Happy Birthday to you DD - what a lovely photo. I love your Christmas cards - they are fabulous. I had to laugh at the acronyms - I think STABLE sums me up!!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Neet said...

Well done on the array of cards. I particularly like the one on the left with the bird. Hard to think they are done with left-overs, they are so good.
Your daughter looks very pretty and what a lovely dress she is wearing. I can imagine her hair takes some washing!
When I have short hair it does not bother me too much but now it is long and thick it is a bit of a task. So I am with you on not liking doing it, thank goodness it can be tied up and does not get dirty.
Trouble is I have damaged a tendon in my right arm to it is painful to lift it up so I relied on my left arm and now haven't to lift that one. Maybe the hairdressers will have to be booked.
Take care, stay safe and well
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Helen said...

Fab cards and happy birthday to your daughter . Enjoy lunch Helen #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, how beautiful is your daughter! Hope she had a good birthday. Great job with the Christmas cards- like you I have way more Christmas paper than I'll probably ever use, I have to be very firm with myself to not buy any more! Hopefully I'm on top of all the issues now, and can finally get some crafting done. Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #3 X.

Marit said...

Congratulations to your DD, she looks happy and lovely - time flies doesn't it (My 'baby-son' is 28 now!) I love the X-mas cards, the simple but great design of it! I don't use glitter glue EVER AGAIN 'cause I do have the same handicap ;D Happy woyww, stay safe. Big hug from Holland, Marit #18

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your daughter's so pretty - I love her dress - it could be an art journal page! So many lovely cards there and I loved your acronyms, especially STABLE LOL! That made me chuckle, cause it's so true. I've also been buying Kindle books whenever they're on offer - I now have hundreds of books waiting to be read and I only read about a dozen a year, so at that rate I realised I'll never be able to read them all, especially that I still keep buying them faster than I get through them! It's a sobering thought, but also funny! Have fun this week!xx zsuzsa #20

Robyn said...

Love those DD's! my baby is 33! I have been finding time to read, as less time in the car- wich I am enjoying- Christmas- I can't even think about it.
robyn 2

Caro said...

Oh how exciting! Thank you so much - I will send you a message shortly. I love all the cards you are showing us this week. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love and God Bless, Caro xx (#11)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great cards Cindy. I really must go back to my half made Christmas cards. The funnies are brilliant, love them. Wishing you a very happy week and a creative woyww, Angela x13x

Karen said...

Terrific cards ~ Yes, I am prone to sticking my hand or an object on glitter glue. I now move said objects off my desk to another surface immediately after application...and then I can't find it when it's dry! Happy B-day to your DD & I copied your funny to post on Friday because I have definitely reached the "stable" category ~ Enjoy the rest of your week!

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Cindy, great collection of Christmas cards, might just copy the 4 squares style. I Am always getting glue or paint on me! That is a great list of abbreviations. Take care x Angela #29

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Lovely desky share Cindy you are really doing well with Christmas cards, and rattling through them... sorry I’m late... again... 😁
Love the acronyms you’ve ended with too, think I’m guilty of them all and your daughter looks lovely as a birthday girl.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these unusual times, a blessing to rest simply in Him! Praying you’re all kept well too!
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shoshi said...

Great cards, Cindy, and what a beautiful daughter you have!! I laughed at the funny at the end, particularly NESTY and STABLE - I really identify with those!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #8

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...