Wednesday 2 September 2020

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 587

 And her we are again.๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope you are all well. I'm loving seeing the sunshine again, hubby and I had a great day in the garden yesterday and the craft room remained totally unvisited. Hence I am a little behind. Here's my desk:-


Looks pretty bad doesn't it but this is how I really work. I got a second wind so I'm still doing Christmas but keep digressing towards sorting and tidying. For instance, can you see all that gold card in the box to the left? I spent a couple of hours cutting down my vast amounts of gold and silver scraps to regular sized mats from around 2" up to 7". I just find it's easier to cope with and find I actually use it. I must have made over a 100 Crimbo cards by now and apart from the Tim Holtz dies, I haven't used anything except things that were already die cut, stamped or hanging about in my stash. Apart from one large silver mat (I didn't have a scrap piece big enough) I haven't cut into a new piece of card or opened a Christmas paper pad. (I'm unclear as to whether this is a little sad or an achievement). Many new Christmas dies & stamps still not used or opened - and I still haven't made a dent in my stash despite being quite ruthless - I'm kinda going for that office technique where you only touch a piece of paper once. In my case it's more if it hasn't made it on to a card the third time I pick it up and look at it it might as well be in the bin.  Those rather old slightly retro red sentiments/toppers in the centre of the table will be the next heading there I think. I do also have to admit to one new purchase that I am absolutely loving - I finaly got myself an ATG gun and it is just great. You can see it there centre stage. I thought it might be heavy and clunky but no it's not and apart from the odd wobble it just makes it so fast to put cards together and it seems pretty strong as well.

A couple of cards as that's easier than reading words:


Finally, just wanted to say that although I rarely get round to everyone I do appreciate every comment that gets left. I'm just so grateful  that people bother to stop by each week - such commitment! Trust me, you lot are doing a lot better job of keeping me sane than most of my IRL friends!! 

Why am I telling you all this? Because it's WOYW Wednesday, the day when we go for a wander around the desks of the great and the good courtesy of the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground. Pop on over and join in why don't ya?


Have a good Wednesday. Stay home. stay well, stay safe.

Cindy x

16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Great achievement with those cards Cindy and good use of time making those mats too. Love the cards made from all the scraps. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

100 Christmas cards??! Blimey, either you have a lot of friends or you're going to sell them, lol!! I like what you've done, your cards are always so detailed and gorgeous. I hate double sided tape with a passion but just don't make enough cards to arrant an ATG!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, great cards, love them. I too bought an ATG last year, finally realised that buying refills was going to work out way cheaper than keep buying the small 'snail' ones, or rolls of tape. I agree they are so quick, and once you get the knack, so easy too.Good idea to cut down the scraps, last time I sorted mine I threw out a load that were just too small to be any use, no idea what I was thinking keeping them.Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #14. X

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. Personally, I'm standing up for achievement!!! Well done. You can always keep the new Christmas stash until next year... Love the fun cards.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Kath said...

Fabulous cards Cindy but I am starting to hyperventilate when I look at your desk!
Kath x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Cindy, lovely Christmas cards - looks like you're all set well ahead of time! It's nice to spend some time in the garden now that it's not so hot. Happy Wednesday! zsuzsa #18

Helen said...

Fab work on all those cards! I never think about (well I do occasionally think but never gets further than that) Christmas till November! Your desk looks great today, very busy. Thanks for visiting - I wasn't thinking of adding any more to the circles but who knows! Have a good week helen #1

Shoshi said...

Now that's what I call a busy desk, Cindy - lovely! Great cards, too.

Thank you for your visit. I am very, very sorry to hear about your poor old kitty. When they get to the stage when they can no longer clean themselves it's very sad. I am thinking of you with the vet visit. We've been through this so many times and it never gets any easier.

Thank you for your good wishes re my ring, but it's now 5 days and still no sign, so I think I'm going to have to resign myself to it being gone for good. I am incredibly sad about it, and cross with myself too, for being so careless.

Happy WOYWW and sincere commiserations over your poor old kitty...
Shoshi x #12

Karen said...

Using your scraps is definitely an achievement. Terrific cards ~ Enjoy your week!

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Cindy, your desk looks like mine when I am working. Great Christmas cards, keep safe x Angela #28

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The desk looks good to me and the card collection too. If the weather is nice the crafting can always wait for another day. Take care and have a happy creative week, Angela x10x

lisa said...

It's a brilliant achievement Cindy and to have made 100 cards too, phew you put me to shame. All this extra time we've had and I'll still be making my cards in December I know it!!!
You have to make the most of the weather, we had a beautiful morning here but it poured down all afternoon.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #17

Susan Renshaw said...

What a good idea to cut your silver/gold into mats!
Love those images with the spectacles.
Happy woyww, stay safe, keep well! Susan #13

Twiglet said...

Well done with the C cards. Crafting has kept me busy in these weird times but I haven't even thought about C cards just yet! xxx Jo

Annie Claxton said...

HI Cindy, sorry I'm late, wow! that is a very busy desk! What a great idea to cut your gold card scraps into mats, I must try that. Realy love your Christmas card designs, I plan to make a start when I have a friend coming over for a papercraft day on Tuesday, so must dig out all my Christmas bits and bobs ready and get in the zone :) Have a great week. Annie C

Julia Dunnit said...

It IS an achievement Cindy, it really is. Am missing the access to stamps and inked in my workroom...no doubt that all the cards I’ve made this year are dice cut and scrap usage, but I’m nowhere near the Christmas cards, something else always crops up. I’ve got quite a few new stamps for this yer’s Christmas, but I think they will have to keep! I love the sight of your desk, and think cutting the big bits to mat size is a good idea, apart form anything else, it helps to speed production, huh! Keep making the most of sunny days, everything else can wait!

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...