Wednesday 9 September 2020

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #588

Morning all! Hope everyone is keeping well, motivated and happy on this grey but warm Wednesday morning. Yesterday turned into a lovely afternoon here in London and I am hoping it will do the same today. 

What's On My Workdesk? Honestly? Not a lot. But I've done photos from all angles to make up for it. I can't figure out the whole side to side thing on this new blogger so we have to have them in a row. 




The reason for this oasis of (relative) calm? Well, mainly because I am foregoing the joys of gluing stuff together and mainly adulting this week. I find it easier to get things done if I'm not surrounded by glitter. 

So I have put the Christmas stash away again until November. If anyone wants to check out my lockdown christmas cards most of them are in an album on my 'Kraft Project' FB page here

So far this week I have managed to do my car insurance, accounts are up to date, and we've booked a few days away (OH is going stir crazy) and proposed a tentative lunch with some friends who live a drive away (both a challenge for me as I am the driver and I haven't driven more than about 5 miles since last Christmas and I think I need to test my eyes). I have done the filing.  Here's the before and after photos as proof.


I have yet to sort out my vehicle recovery (I think I may actually be paying for this unnecessarily because it came free with something else when I already had it - I am lousy with paperwork. Doubly annoying as we haven't been anywhere this year).  I need to order bulbs for the garden. I have had my nails done and hair is booked for tomorrow. I need to sort out my photo files (ambitious). I need to decide if craft classes are ever going to resume or if I need to go virtual or just move on. And endless routine home and life jobs that have been neglected need my attention.

In the 'after' photo above the eagle eyed may have noticed my Macmillan coffee morning pack. I have done this for many years now, although last year I didn't due to ill health. I had hoped to have a small but limited event this year but the latest news means that probably isn't going to fly - so I may have to check out some virtual options. (That will take a week of my life for this bear of very little brain). Zoom 101 here I come. 

The pile of NBUS is still there and I have managed to refrain from adding to it so far this month. I have an interesting commission and a crafty swap to work on so I will be back crafting again by next week. Always up for a swap if anyone is interested. Meanwhile I am enjoying feeling relatively zen and ticking my achievements off the inevitable list. 

Why am I telling you all this? Because it's WOYW Wednesday, the day when we go for a wander around the desks of the great and the good courtesy of the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground. Pop on over and join in why don't ya?

Have a good Wednesday. Stay home. stay well, stay safe.

Cindy x

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Morning lovely gal! The link is definitely there so I shall link you up after I've finished commenting (if you haven't already sorted it!). That desk is very tidy which I do like to see but isn't it a shame that adult ing has to be done without glitter!! I think sparkle masks the world a better place..... Hope you do get away/do lunch etc as the rules seem to change by the hour.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

StampinCarol said...

You have such a nice large room! I'm a bit envious!
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Me again. Sorry about the duff gen this morning - when I went back to link you up, I saw what you were on about! It's been a crazy day all round....
LLJ xxxx

Shoshi said...

Your room is absolutely brilliant, Cindy! It's so organised, and I've definitely got shelf envy! It's fabulous, and with such a lovely view out over the garden, too. I hope you have a good break away from home for a while. Like you, I have done our accounts - for the ninth month running I have kept to my New Year resolution to complete them during the first week of each month! Quite an achievement because I hate doing them and tend to put off the horrible job, and then have it hanging over me. Completing them in good time makes me feel muuuch better lol!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #2

Helen said...

Hope you get your coffee morning sorted one way or another! thanks for visiting, I am sure I would be ok on the train later to Kew but I much prefer it there early so will just skip a week! It's only a couple more weeks till they end the 8am starts anyway...
I linked first thing then at lunchtime it had gone and now I'm 16 sounds like Julia has had a right old time of things! Helen#16

Karen said...

Your room looks great! Good for you to get so much accomplished ~ Enjoy the rest of your week

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, great view of your craft space. It's been an odd day today, only realise half an hour ago that my link had disappeared. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela Xnow 13X

Sarah Brennan said...

Love your well organised craft room Cindy. Hope your short break goes well. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #22/#1

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely space, and how disciplined you are! I hope your holiday goes well
Have a good week
Hugs Lynnecrafts #4

Caro said...

What a gorgeously large and well organised craft room. My lovely parcel arrived this week and is on display in my blog (and on my desk in real life) - all the artwork is gorgeous, so thank you so much! Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#6)

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...