Wednesday 15 February 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #715

Well hello there deskers!! Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.   

Haven't done that much crafting this week, been feeling a bit flat and now I definitely have a cold and my cough (which I have ALL the time) is terrible today. Here's the desk:-


I had to make an emergency card for my nephew on Monday as the one I intended to give to him has disappeared into the depths of the craft room. It was quicker to make a new one than look for it. It had to be simple and fast and was only needed to be a vehicle for a few notes folded up inside, if you get my drift. I made a variation of this pinterest find and while I had the dies out I made a few more experimenting with the layout. I think this is one I may take to craft club at some point as it's an easy prep and make up. 

You can also see a pile of scraps liberated from my stash of spots/stripes and checks. Some I've cut down to make mats but all those others will probably get punched or die cut at some point today.

On the personal front DD has a moving date of the 23rd (or possibly 28th)  February. Fingers crossed!! Just 2 weeks before her due date.

Absolutely adored '& Juliet' and had a fantastic night out with my 'library' gals. It finishes in the West End in a few weeks, not sure if it's going on tour but would really recommend it. Supposed to be going to a jazz night at Pizza Express on Thursday (present to my hubby for his birthday which I also  get to enjoy) but not sure I'm up for it at the mo. 

So that's it from me, sniffly and sorry for myself!!

Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindyxx

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh bad luck, sorry you’re under the weather - but be kind to yourself and don’t try to do too much! I read a very good article on the lost art of recuperation, it helped me to realised that we have to give ourselves more time than we think to recover (especially as we get older, sorry!) Have fun with a little gentle crafting xx
Hugs LLJ 9 xx

Christine said...

Sorry to hear you're not well, sounds a perfect excuse to stay in bed in the warm and rest . . .
I shall look out for the play, in case it goes on tour, thanks for the heads up.
Stay warm and hydrated
Christine #15

Neet said...

Had a message on our group from a member who reported that she did not feel well on Tuesday so did a test and she has tested positive for Covid - I would urge you to test - she says it is on the up and up again (she works in social care). Hope it is not and that yu soon feel much better.
Love the last minute card, always good to find something you can do quickly.
Take care
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Sending sympathetic hugs your way, I do hope you will feel better soon. Angela #14

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Cindy. Love the quick and simple card for your nephew. Hope all goes well with your daughter's move too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Helen said...

Hope you feel well enough to enjoy an evening out. I bet the card turns up now you've made a replacement Thanks for dropping by. Helen #3

Mary Anne said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! I am over Covid, finally have most of my sense of taste back, but for some reason I am constantly smelling burning paper. Just me. No one else near here seems to smell it. Bah! Now, cards! I have this little file shelf sort of thingie, with 4 boxes that stack inside almost like drawers. I have them labeled Girl Birthday, Boy Birthday, Kid Birthday, Occasions, Christmas and Sympathy. I make a spare card and it goes RIGHT in the box! Getting a little light last time I looked so better make some more....
Late in, but on the day!
Mary Anne (5)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, that made me smile. The number of times I've spent ages looking for something I've made, still not found it and then had to maake another so now I don't bother and just make a new one without bothering to look for whatever's lost. I do hope you're feeling better soon. Take care and have a very restful woyww. Gentle hugs, Angela x10x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great last minute idea. Hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Chrisx #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw Cindy, I’m sorry you’ve got a horrid cold…time for a holiday? Exciting if a little exhausting for DDs move date, talk about all hans on deck and tenterhooks at the same time! I really like the quick cards, loads can be made from that format, totally like the die cut words with their own mat too. While I was getting ready for the weekend crop I swept a few stamped images into my ephemera box, they’d been lurking on my desk as cut out but unused…and do you know, it was really handy to have them pre cut, so I get the logic behind some gentle spot and stripe die cutting! Take it easy.

Marit said...

So sorry to hear you're not well, I hope you feel a bit better now and you won't have to cancel the evening with your hub... I like the 'quick cards' you made, will have to make a stash of those myself one day 'cause I usually see the names on the birthday-calender too late and am therefore are always (too) late with creating. THanks for your visit to my blog yesterday, enjoy the day/week and get well soon! Love from Holland, Marit #6

Kelly said...

Good morning, Cindy. Hope this note finds you feeling better. Girls night out sounds fun. So does night out with Hubby for his birthday. Hope you feel/ felt up to going! Your daughter is cutting it close, eh? But I'm sure has your loving support. Love the card. I have layering stars. That would be super easy to case. Hope my post inspired you. Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly #17

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...