Wednesday 22 February 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #716

Well good morning deskers!! Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself. 

Here's my desk:


I am currently trying out a new stamp which caught my eye. I guess it's a Christmas stamp but thought it might also pass for a sympathy card or even a wedding at a push. Anyhow, this is my first go at stamping it out and colouring it in which is surprisingly relaxing.  As you can see a myriad of pens have been brought out to play. Of course all done in a totally haphazard fashion so I have no idea which pens are the colours I like. So me, just jump in with both feet, no plan at all. But I think I like this one. 

Here's a little commission for a friend.

And a few more cards made with the 'bits on my desk or floating round the craft room that never made it on to a card before'. Better than binning them I suppose.



On a personal note I am feeling much better - my poorliness last week turned out to be Covid - second time in 4 months!! But very mild symptoms. 

Also we heard last night at 6 pm that my daughter has at last exchanged contracts and we will be getting the keys on the 28th February - so I might not make the next WOYWW as it will be moving in day. It's been a very stressful week but all smiles now and she finishes work on Friday. Fingers crossed we get everything moved in before bebe decides to make an appearance. (If I wasn't already totally grey........).

Have a wonderful week, love n hugs Cindyxx

15 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

I know all about the house buying and selling stress, my blog post tells much the same story
Good luck with everything. Your card creations are lovely by the way
Lynn x

BJ said...

Super stamp, Easter and Baptism come to mind as well, very versatile and super colours.
Adore the cards but have to say mine is the BEST. My only truly crafted card this year, very special, thank you. Good luck with the move on 28th, that will be my 25th wedding anniversary. Hugs BJ#12

Neet said...

Great news on the house front, not so great on your Covid again. Seems to be on the up and up - two members of our craft club have it and they don't live close to one another.
Lovely cards but the new stamp - WOW I love it and can see what you mean about Christmas and 'thinking of you - would definitely work well for either.
Here's too a successful moving day and hope you feel much much better.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Mary Anne said...

House stress is the worst, but OH NO COVID! Ugh. That sucks. Love the stamp, I agree - perfect for sympathy I think. Good luck with the move - see you on the other side :)
Happy on-time WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Sarah Brennan said...

I managed to pop by but leaving a generic comment as too much typing is still challenging. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blinking heck to having Covid again, that’s not much fun but I am glad you’re on the mend. I would say take it easy but that aion’t going to happen is it with house moves and a baby on the way! (Actually something very very similar happened to my niece and it all went fine!). Love the cards made from bits off your floor (or wherever) lovely results!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Twiglet said...

Oh best of luck with the house etc you are going to be very busy for a while. I love the dove design - very adaptable I think. x x Jo

Christine said...

Beautiful stamp, great colouring choices.
Just love Maisie's card, so pretty.
have a good week
Christine #15

Diana Taylor said...

I am loving your cards and that stamp is fabulous - as you say perfect for a lot more than just Christmas. I also really love the colouring you've done, it's brought the image alive. Glad you are well on the road to recovery from the dreaded Covid.
Hope you have a great week and good luck with the move.
Diana xx #14

Lynnecrafts said...

Best of luck with the house moving day. Your sympathy or other card is really beautiful. Your other cards are lovely too.
I hope you're feeling better from the covid
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 8

Kyla said...

ooh wow you really havent had much luck with Covid, hope your feeling better now. Fantastic cards and yes agree, thats a great stamp and would be good for weddings too (does look like quite a lot of colouring though this can be quite therapuetic I find). Great news on the house exchange too.
thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

Crafting With Jack said...

Buying and moving can be so stressful. Best of luck with getting your daughter settled in her new home. Make sure the kettle, teapot, tea and biscuits are handy! Love Angela #18

Helen said...

I am sorry you had covid again, but hope you are recovered. Good luck moving daughter next week and they settle before baby arrives. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's well known that house moves can be very stressful but sounds like everything will calm down soon. Hope the Covid clears up soon. Wishing you a lovely woyww creative week. Hugs, Angela x9x

Tracy said...

So sorry you had Covid again Cindy 🤗 hoping you feel much better soon. My sister and two nieces are only now starting to feel better after having it for the fourth time,picking it up at school. Fabulous news on the move,must be such a relief 🤗 though it's going to be all systems go ... wishing a smooth move next week 🙏 will be lovely for your daughter to get settled before her wee miracle ⭐️ appears ❤️ That is a stunning stamp, looove it I do! Sending much love and hugs Tracy #21 xxxxx

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...