Wednesday 5 July 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #735

Hi there deskers!! Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself. 

A little late off the block today but I treated myself to a lie in. Life has been full throttle since I last saw you and since last Wednesday I have:

- had a day's Lionel-sitting duties

- taught a class and out for lunch with my craft ladies

- had a day at Windsor races and an evening bbq

- annual family picnic at the park

- lunch out with friends

- attended a funeral

- booked a family holiday (that was the most stressful thing of all!!)

The next few days look just as bad as I have to take Chelsey & Lionel to an appointment tomorrow, get my nails done and then we are away at the weekend. Someone has just asked me to go to Kensington Palace next Wednesday (I do want to go, just wasn't planning on next week), I have a friend visiting next Friday and somewhere in there I have to make the house and garden able to accommodate 40++ people for my DIL's 30th birthday on the 22nd. I can almost hear July screaming as it runs down the road as fast as it can holding hands with my sanity ..... Those that know me will appreciate that this is a little above my comfort level for busy. I am really not a half full person am I...

Still, my desk!! Pleased to report the car card I showed you last week went down a storm (I thought it was very average) so that was good. I still haven't been at my desk much (see above) but I did manage to finish off these two cards last night as well as the spares/demo cards from class. I was attempting to do something with inked embossing folders (it was about a month ago) but it didn't work out quite how I wanted. Still I hate to waste, so I cut them down a bit and made two quick cards.

So that's it from me, so much for a quick post! Have a great week,

Love and hugs

Cindyxx

Oh, and here's Lionel posing for his passport photo.






11 comments:

Christine said...

That has to be the best passport photo I've seen!!! Give him a hug from me.
Love those cards . . . were those large flowers the embossing folder?
Stay calm and let everyone else go barmy
Christine #14

Mary Anne said...

Awwww. That passport photo looks amazing - what a sweetie. Glad the card was a hit and you knew that. So often you send one out and.... crickets!You remind me I so need to make a stack of cards for birthdays, mostly female ones. I am very low on my stash.
Happy miserably wet WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love Lionel’s hard stare! Blimey, you’ve been busy, made me tired just reading it through. Lots of lovely time with family and friends though so that’s good! I’m glad you’ve managed to sneak in a little crafting here and there!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

The passport officials will smile every time they look at it. Such a cutie. Not sure how you did your cards, but I like them. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Neet said...

Lionel is going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up. Such a beautiful baby, those eyes - he is so alert! (I was in love with a prefect at school called Lionel when I was about 11).
Oh Cindy, you have been busy, but nice busy - and it doesn't seem like it is going to calm down. Love your description about July and your sanity! Brilliant!!
Of course your card was enjoyed by all, it was a lovely one and could not fail to impress.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Cutest passport photo ever! You have been /will be busy Cindy. We are hoping to visit Kensington Palace this summer as my sister bought us an experience gift at CHristmas which involves a tour then afternoon tea at a posh hotel near by. Really like that embossing folder! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Helen said...

what a fab passport photo! Your week sounds incredibly busy, good job you don't have to fit work work into it!! hope you have a good week and enjoy the upcoming holiday. Helen #1

BJ said...

Super cards but I think the baby steals the show - LOL. Hope your feet manage to touch the ground sometime this month. Hugs BJ#10

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lionel's passport photo is adorable. He's a real cutie.

I would have been by sooner, but my basement flooded today from all the rain we had. I was down there mopping an using my shop vac to remove the excess water. Then I bleached the entire thing so I don't get mold. Of course, my schedule certainly isn't as busy as yours, Cindy.

I love both those cards. They are fabulous. I always love flowers. Happy WOYWW from # 2.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

we were out and about earlier then entertainment in the park. The guy who sang at our wedding was the vocalist of the evening. He does a lot of 60's Elvis etc Always like the projects you share, and that little one did a great job smiling for that passport. My son and family were in London for a week's vacation, lots of great times and photos. On their way to Portugal this week. Our airline travel in the states sucks big time....no workers, delays, lost luggage, cancellations with crazy weather, so I've delayed visiting them all since covid. Have a great week.

Twiglet said...

Oh what a cutie little Lionel is! You have been so busy but I am glad you found time to finish your cards. I love the flowery one on the left. X x Jo

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...