Wednesday 30 August 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #743

Good Morning All!!  Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

And another one bites the dust...... Crikey it's nearly September and I haven't had my summer yet.

Here's  the desk, a little bit staged as I've just finished a project and tidied. I thought that today if I get time I would go back and re-visit the remainder of those 'cluster' pieces - I only showed you the tip of the ice-berg last week!!


I've also pulled out a few 'sentiments' to use up (there's a million of those as well. The pile of 6x6 squares to the right is cut up 12x12 papers to use to cut bases out of as I'll never use them as they are. 

The 'Fairy Door' card project for my class last Friday went down well so as I only had a few of the cards left I decided to try and use them all up. It's taken me a while but I've finished. Well, I had all the bits n bobs out and it seemed pointless putting the cards away as they would just sit there for another 5 years. 

Had quite a bit of family time (for that read 'Lionel time') this last week. He is really getting mobile and can creep around in almost every direction except forwards (!) and is getting very good at sitting up on his own. Not a baby anymore!! But I have to admit the constant wriggle stage was getting difficult to manage - he's heavy, very strong and I am, well, getting old!  He is a lot happier being on the floor now as he can do so much more, doesn't have to just lay there like an upturned turtle. Heaven knows how we will manage on holiday if he gets any better at moving around!! At least there will be 5 adults to keep an eye on him and wear him out. 

So that's all from me, I have a quiet week planned next week so looking forward to some crafting but you know how that goes.....

Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindyxx



14 comments:

Annie said...

I'm on a roll this morning. I've done the wedding dress and bridesmaid's dress plus shortened another dress and now have time to blog before the next customer arrives.
Lionel really is a cutie....they alter and grow up so quickly...enjoy every minute.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the fairy door cards. The hard work starts once they are off and running, well crawling! They grow so fast do they. Happy WOYWW. Angela #17

Glenda said...

Lots going on here and that little cutie pie is adorable! They do grown up so quickly!
Glenda #18

Mary Anne said...

Simply gorgeous little fella. Baby smiles are so cheery. Love them. Clusters galore right? I'll be sharing some soon but mine are way more shabby. I love seeing variation in all things - so inspiring

Happy desk-hop day!
Mary Anne (4)

Neet said...

Oh Cindy, I need (note 'need') the know how on those fairy door cards. They are absolutely gorgeous and I would love to make some myself. Just up my street and now the wedding card (and box - yippee) is out of the way I just need to find a hairdresser for Saturday morning and I am back to making cards that I want to make. (Providing the wobbly nail doesn't break that is). I only tried the dress on last night, first time since I bought it, still have the labels to cut off. The first pair of shoes I bought (bought 3 in the end) look best and my four new nail varnishes are narrowed down to one. Thank goodness I don't go to many weddings (but this one is a special friend).
I do like the idea of the 'clusters' and must remember that for the future.
Lionel is looking lovely, what a gorgeous smile, and I am sure you will all be fighting over who looks after him on holiday. Fingers crossed the holiday is not too far away and he is not at the crawling all over the floor stage then.
Take care, Hugs, Neet 7 xx
ps hospitals need to update GP's as to what they find and then GP's might not scare patients.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy. We've just checked in at the hotel at Matlock but arrived early so went up to the Heights of Abraham and down one of the mines. We have a while before dinner so thought I'd catch up with some of the desks. You are correct that is where the shelf came from. The fairy door cards are lovely. Lionel is a real sweetie, what a pleasure to have him around and watch him grow. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous photo with the bairn⭐️ family tkme thd best of times ⭐️ scary how quickly time is passing Cindy! I'm in looooove with youd fairy doors 🧚🧚‍♂️🧚‍♀️Tooo your cluster pieces oh how I would love to be sat beside you ... adore all the bits and bobs 🥰😍🤩 Sending much love and hugs Tracy #13 xxxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those fairy door cards are adorable. What a clever way to use your "scraps." How awesome are those clusters. I am impressed with your fussy cutting, too.

Lionel is such a cutie. He must enjoy his new found freedom, too. So glad you shared a photo of his new activity, too. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Helen said...

those fairy door cards are fabulous - you clever thing! Can't believe how big Lionel is growing - I know they have a tendency to grow, but really!!! he's adorable. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lindart said...

Lionel is so cute, I love the tuft of hair on top of his head! Your fairy cards are also very cute, I love the doors and the peek inside, what fun! Have a great week, Lindart #22

Twiglet said...

Lovely little crafty bits and bobs on your table but the highlight is little Lionel - what a poppet. We are so blessed aren't we. x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Look at that cheeky face! And Lionel’s not too bad neither, lol ;-). It always amazes me just how much babies change in the first few months, astonishing how quickly they learn new stuff. He looks a proper character, give him another squish from me please! Those fairy doors are wonderful and even I am getting quite good at spotting Lavinia stamps now, they’re my favs!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

BJ said...

Finding it a tad difficult to concentrate on your desk after seeing Lionel! Been up in the loft today for my son's chalk board easel for me to use for this painting course (it's online btw) Anyway dug out some of his primary school clothes for a memory bear for Christmas for him. Saw loads of his old baby stuff - sigh! I'd written on the chalk board, "put in loft for grandchildren" That day might never come, oh well. Hugs BJ#6

Julia Dunnit said...

I had a quiet week planned and now it's next week I'm so late. Won't be saying that again in a hurry! Am rather distracted by Lionel's appearance, my word he's a lovely chap, that smile is a winner alright! What a difference a couple of months make in a little life! Five adults and him on holiday...he'll be in attention heaven!
Love the fairy door cards, they are very useable and I can't tell you how sensible I think you were to finish the few overs...as you say, they would have just sat around. I like a cluster I must admit, and think using up all those sentiments and pieces is a very good idea...last Christmas I gave my nail lady, the gym girls, my hairdresser a bag of mixed cards each made (nicely) but largely from left over workshop cards and overs. Pleased them, pleased me!!

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...