Thursday 4 September 2008

Birthday treats - Mini Concertina books



Last week I suddenly realised I had some birthdays of special cyber friends coming up and thought I might try something a bit different from the usual ATC BRAK. I saw an article in craft stamper magazine on making a little friendship book with stamping and masking and it reminded me that I had several minibook blanks that I purchased over a year ago and had never got around to using, as well as a load of new stamps that I needed to try out - the perfect excuse!!



This is the first one which I made for Jan. I had great fun doing this (I made a few practice ATCs trying out the technique and stamps as I didn't want to mess it up). I have never attempted a project with quite so many stamps and was a bit heart in mouth that I would make a mistake any moment but overall I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Even cracking the UTEE on the two covers turned into a happy accident as it gives it a kind of vintage/distressed look. Having said all that it was really pretty easy to do once I had decided on the colours and stamps to use.

Hope you had a good day Jan!!

5 comments:

Creative Chaos said...

Wonderful !!! Love it !! Jan is so lucky !! :-)
Patti xx

Jan said...

You know by now that I am absoloutely thrilled with it - thank you x

Sian said...

This is beautiful, and I really love my book! Thank you!

Genie said...

Lovely work Cindy,

Viv said...

Beautiful books Cindy.

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...