Monday 1 September 2014

Tim’s Tags, August

As usual squeeeeeeeaking in (thank goodness for different time zones that’s all I can say!!). Now Tim’s August Tag is here. It’s a rather good one. But Tim’s instructions this month are a bit different. This time round Tim says

this month i challenge you to create showcasing your own creative muse.

Oh heck. Where to start. Bloomin’ muse just walked out the door.

I decided to start where I normally would with Tim’s monthly tags which is:

- read through his post once. (Sigh because I don’t have EVERY ranger product ever developed)

- read through the post again breaking down the key techniques. (This month we have, tissue tape masking, texture paste, adding colour, stencilling, sewing, altered embellies, texture with distress EP)

- Collect all the product I need together, think of substitutions and select my stamps and bits n bobs. (there was however no way I was getting out the sewing machine for a few stitches on a tag).

Now I did intend to do a whole step by step thing documenting the process – but in the end I just carried on inking and splodging until I was more or less happy. After all, there really wasn’t a recipe to follow. There were so many detours from my original intention I’ll just show you the end result. 

IMG_1425[1]

I have come to realise that above all else it is the additions of all the odd bits of ‘ideology and ephemera that I find really difficult. Tim’s tags look balanced and complete, mine look laden and contrived so I tend to shie (Sp?) away from it. I actually prefer the one with nothing added at all!!

1 comment:

chrissie said...

Terrific set of tags Cindy.

Love Chrissie x

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...