Wednesday 13 May 2020

What's On Your Work Desk ? Wednesday #571

Morning Deskers!!

Hope you are all well and keeping safe, especially those that are working or will be venturing back to work in the next few weeks. Strange times we are in indeed. Still well here, been nice to have DD home (haven't had to cook for a week) and if it weren't for all that is going on in the world would have been a rather pleasant week.

Here is my desk yesterday afternoon:



Took a bit of a break from the WIP boxes and the craft room this week but did decide to finally finish these MM cards that have been floating around for about 6 months. Didn't take me long when I finally sat down to do it. I also found a box that was filled with a 'quick cards and tags' kit from probably over 12 years ago and resolved to just make them up so they could go in my fund raising box for later this year. It  included some gift voucher holders and envelopes which are quite nice. All done - with just a few tweaks - so another box I can lose from my craft room. Not really something I would buy these days - anyone else recognise it? Probably from QVC in those days. Now, if I finally crack the old Dawn Bibby stuff I really will  be motoring......

Highlight of this week in the garden has been the fledgling sparrows who sit on the fence and squawk at mum and dad to feed them. So cute!!

We had a nice socially distant get together for an hour or so with the neighbours (on our respective driveways) to celebrate VE day. Was a really pleasant evening and gave everyone a boost I think.

Doing a series of  video on youtube for my local library service and the first one went up this week- if you click through I sound really weird at the beginning as I was trying not to cough!! But it took such blood sweat and tears to get that far I couldn't bear to do it again. It's been a technology war this week not helped by the fact that my phone was full of uncleared rubbish which my DD has kindly sorted so a reminder to everyone who uses theirs a lot more in these unusual times to check their settings and storage as you may need to take some action to free up space or your phone may just decide not to co-operate!!

So time's awasting, can't believe I haven't uploaded this post yet, its already 11 and I'm still in PJs! If you want to find out about the WOYWW weekly blog hop then pop over to The Stamping Ground and join in.

That's all from me this week, stay home if you can, stay safe, and stay well. And alert of course!!

Happy WOYWW xx



17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well those cards may have been quick and easy, but they're very effective and are just the sort of thing I like! The beautiful Art Nouveau ladies are rather lovely too and your painting is beautiful. How lovely that you've had DD home and doing the cooking, bliss!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I have a few unused QVC card kit purchases as well that I could use for my share next week Cindy, but I will probably finish the colouring page that I was working on at last year's crop lol. You will have plenty of stock for fundraising when this is all over. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy - love your style - still in the PJs at 11am! Brilliant. Great work on all the UFOs - you are really motoring there!! Maybe you will even get on to that last box - who knows... we must await next week. Those cards you have finished are beautiful. Quick and easy??? Oh boy! I'm sure they would have taken me hours. Lovely to hear about the fledglings - great.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #2

Mariane said...

Good Afternoon, Cindy!

What a bunch of wonderful cards!! It is a bit hard time at the moment for all of us, I guess. The virus is lurking and you never know when it hit!!. Glad you have your DD home again then.

Thank you so much for sharing!
Happy WOYWW
Mariane #21

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, wow what a fab selection of cards made! Love the painted ones too, very pretty.Craft telly isn't something I ever got in to- probably just as well as when a work colleague decided to give up papercrafts, she passed all her stuff to me, and she'd bought enough crafting kits from those places for 10 people, lol. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz#10 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, lovely collection of cards. Pleased you're able to have time with DD at least something good has come out of this sad time. I had a similar problem with my bog that you've had with your phone it was the photogrphs that was causing the space problem for me. Wishing you a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x16x

Sue Jones said...

you cards and tags are lovely but i Love love LOVE those ladies on your desk - beautiful.Take care and stay safe Soojay #27

Helen said...

our street gathered too, at careful distances - it was lovely!! I am so with you about the colouring... I am already tempted to put it back on the pile and find something else! Love the pile of cards. Helen #1

Diana Taylor said...

Wow your cards are all fabulous, but I particularly love the ladies on the desk - what beautiful images and gorgeous colours.
Stay safe and well,
Diana x #21

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous cards, Cindy and fabulous painting. I loved your video too! Well done. That looks like a sweet little project that could be done quite quickly and embellished in so many different ways. My sister used to live in Ealing!

Thanks for your visit, and I'm glad you like my teddy project. It's proving a really fun project to do, and I'm looking forward to watching my hubby identifying all the teddies! I've now finished unpicking the neck on the jumper and it should be a doddle knitting it up again. I've taking the back off the blocking mat and it's looking really great! I'm so thrilled with the mat which makes life so much easier. My soya milk machine has now arrived but I haven't tried it yet because my hubby looked everywhere for some soya beans for me and couldn't find any!! As for my washing line, my peg bag hangs on the line so I don't have to bend down, but the bench is very useful for putting the bucket of washing on. I had to laugh when I looked at the photo I took (after I'd posted it online!) to see that right in the middle at the front are my huge hernia support pants in all their glory! Lol! Good thing I'm not embarrassed, isn't it, now that they have gone worldwide on the Internet!!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #4

Belinda said...

Hi Cindy! I love the cards. I have some of those stamps that I watercolored and was contemplating finishing some of them for my UFO for next week. So it's wonderful seeing yours. It's wonderful to have your daughter home. I think we are blessed when we can have our loved ones near during this strange time. Stay well.
Belinda #29

sandra de said...

Well.... I just love the cards your are painting with watercolours and the other cards you are finishing. But, it is your set of watercolours that I absolutely adore. Winsor & Newton I imagine and they look loved and would be a dream to use when painting. Thank you for the link to your youtube workshop on making a little book. So clever and so simple. Have a great week and stay safe.
Sandra de @5

Lillianb said...

Thank you for your visit to me blog, Loving your cards they are super.

I think it is a strange time and hope things are as friendly when this all ends,

Stay well and safe,

Lilian B #18

Marit said...

I really love those cards with the portraits, and how you coloured them - the other ones are not up my alley - I'm not a cardmaker so I don't recognize any brands (but even when I was a scrapbooker, I never cared for, or remembered, the brands ;) ) Thanks for your visit to my blog yesterday, have a nice week and stay safe! Hug from Holland, Marit #20

Julia Dunnit said...

I do the same Cindy, get up, coffee and then pad about in my pjs. Quite often chat on the phone to Jan and find that she’s in the same state. I do lots of housework and then shower, but I can’t go all day in them for some reason! I think you’re doing such a grand job with The UFOs that you ought to treat yourself to a brand new make for next week instead! love the paint finishes on the MM images, they look beautiful. How lovely to have DD cooking and sorting your phone. I really could do with having a child back Jin my house too! Top tip about memory and storage, thanks.

Lindart said...

HI Cindy! I checked out your video, and you did a great job! Very clear and easy to understand, I'm sure a lot of people were able to make their first book from this! Your cards are lovely, I'm sure it felt good to get them done! Have a wonderful week, stay safe, Lindart #31

Caro said...

Those painted cards are stunning, the faces are wonderful. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx(#6)

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...