Wednesday 20 January 2021

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #607

Morning Deskers, here we are again - Wednesday once more. They don't 'alf come around quick don't they? Pleased to report all germ free and well chez Ashplant. We are being very careful as numbers are still high but starting to level out here in NW London. 

The days seem full, though I would be hard pressed to tell you what with. I have decided that from now on my daily to-do list will contain just 1 item. I might be able to achieve that. 

Still doing commissions so not much inroad being made into the tidying this week - unfortunately I can't seem to stop ordering craft stuff so it's not actually getting any better!!!  This is one I made this week, casing a card I had seen in one of my groups (dunno where now). Similar idea to something Sam Calcott was doing the other week and one I will revisit for sure.


Here's my desk all ready to start on a project today. I had a little spend up of Christmas vouchers at Lavinia last week and the goodies have arrived (along with some other silhouette stamps from ebay - just can't help myself) so am going to be playing with fairies today in between desking. A bit of proper playtime whilst actually doing a commission - Yay!! I have helpfully positioned the new stash at the front.  In addition to fairy stamps I have also snagged 2 distress oxide sprays, frayed burlap and old paper as I have heard they make interesting effects and who doesn't need an interesting effect?  I've made myself a little book to keep track of the cards that have been ordered as I am notoriously disorganised - I say yes then forget. The 'cornet' one I mentioned last  week will be ready to show next Weds, but I am still waiting on one last piece to complete it. 

Why am I showing you this? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself.

So  that's me for another week, I'm sorry I missed some of the later desks last week,  I intended to get round but well, life, and then, as I said, here we are again!! 

Hope you are all well, I'm here if you need a chat. 

Stay home if you can, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs, Cindy x




22 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a gorgeous card, Cindy - and how very unusual! I know what you mean about not being able to account for your day - I'm busy all the time doing something or another but I couldn't tell you what. Well, lots of things - and when my husband wants to watch a film together in the evening, I don't always have the time - and when I do watch a film or something with him, I wish I could get the time back - not because I didn't enjoy it, but because I wanted to do 3 other things instead! Just not enough hours in the day to spend doing nothing LOL! But it's good to be busy - much better than being bored. Lovely goodies - I'm trying to cut back on my spending - it comes in waves - sometimes I'm in a spending mood - and sometimes in a saving mood - I'm in saving mood at the mo, but I have a feeling it won't last long LOL! Thanks for your visit - keep safe! xx zsuzsa #18

Susan Renshaw said...

That's a beautiful card... may have to try something like that.
Enjoy all the new stuff!
Stay safe and keep well.
Happy WOYWW! Susan #12

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. That card is stunning. Beautiful. Well done. Great - a voucher to spend. It means you need have no guilt about spending money on stash - double bonus!! Enjoy making your commissions and playing. Glad you are all germ free!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Helen said...

Hi Cindy , glad it's not just me keeps buying new goodies . I am running out of space ! Glad you're all ok now. Helen #4

Sarah Brennan said...

Some great new stash there CIndy and the card you were commissioned to make is stunning. I write everything down too or I just don't keep track. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, that card is stunning - what an amazing effect, I love it. I also love the pile of Lavinia stamps - one of mine saw the light of day this week, it's the small fairy from the set of four, but I'm being tempted by the bigger individual fairy stamps, which I see you have on your desk - oh goodness, I feel myself weakening!!
Hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
Diana xx #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a really lovely card that garland one is, I’m sure that Judy is going to love it! I’ve been having a little spend too this week, all essential stuff though, lol!! We’re helping small businesses and the economy...good reasoning, eh?!
I’m glad you’re all well, hope your gal is feeling better too,
Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Tidying up is such a boring job, I only do it if I really have to and that's usually cos I can't find what I'm looking for anymore! The card looks lovely and the new stamps too. Pleased to see you keeping busy. We are so lucky to have such interests and great friends to share it with. Take care and have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

Felicia said...

Cindy, WOW that card! It's gorgeous! That color is divine!! Ohhh the enabling on your desk!! LOLOL One day, I am going to get some of Lavinia products! I love that whole line, but just haven't gotten around to acquiring any! Could be the HUGE amount of stash that I already have that holds me back! LOLOL Enjoy them and can't wait to see your creativity out of them! Blessings and stay safe! Felicia #27

Mary Anne said...

Oooh that wreath is lush!
Glad you are being safe and careful!

Happy WOYWW, with another late start
Mary Anne (2)

Glennis F said...

Thanks for sharing your desk, I love your Lavinia stash, I am so jealous!

Julia Dunnit said...

I need to go through some stuff, particularly the ink pads and just be strong and Chuck out the bad ones. It’s seeing your new Clair pads that makes me realise! I should stop buying the exciting stuff and give in to some basics!! Love the commissioned card, I reckon Judy will love it too, what a fantastically patient maker you are. I like a solid stamp for sure,but don’t have any Lavinia stamps, they don’t seem to do it for me. I should like you to change my mind if you would, please!

Karen said...

The card for Judy is beautiful! Enjoy your new stash of goodies ~ Love, Karen#33

Lillianb said...

Love your card it is very pretty and loving the colour,

lad you are all germ free and long may it continue;

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B # 19

Caro said...

That card is simply stunning! Have fun playing with your Lavinia stamps. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

Spyder said...

I've done a card simular, but square, (yours is much nicer!)and then watched Sam make hers. She does come up with loads of interesting crafty makes...I'm watching quite a few youtubers lately! Someone was turning loo rolls into leather! Have a great crafty week, sorry I'm so late, stay safe and Happy late WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #17

Spyder said...

and I forgot, much craftyness too!
(Lyn)

craftyani said...

Seems to be the year of stamping so really must get mine out again. I don't do commissions any more too time consuming. Have a good week Ani

Shoshi said...

That's an absolutely beautiful card, Cindy, with the floating sentiment and all those gorgeous flowers! I am sure the recipient will absolutely love it.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #23

Heather M said...

Hi Cindy, happy belated WOYWW. I joined you in a bit of craft shopping for Lavinia goodies this week! I'm with you on I can't stop craft shopping at the moment - probably because we are locked up inside, and all my usual outdoor/other activities are not happening. It's too cold/wet to go in the garden. Have a lovely week, Heather xx 28

BJ said...

Hi Cindy, super lavender card, my favourite colour! Had to look closely to see how the letters were "suspended" think it's on acetate. Love it super effective.
BJ#13

Neet said...

Well, last week I could not comment on here. It just gave me a picture of a square type face and said I could not connect. Anyway, today it came up with your card again and I tried a different way to get in and here I am.
So glad you are all back to rude health - that's the best news, but I love love your card. Please can you give me a link to how to make? Pretty please.
Oh Cindy, don't mention Frayed Burlap Spray to me - it does give the most fabulous colours but guess what? I sent for the wrong one - for some reason I had Bundled Sage on my mind and I sent for that - now I am all ready to start and I have the wrong colour. Ah well, I can try that one but I need to send off for Frayed Burlap.
Stay safe and well even if it means staying in
Hugs, Neet (ps I got my vaccine the other day) xx

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...