Wednesday 21 April 2021

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday - WOYWW#620

Well hello again deskers, how the devil are you? That week went super fast!!

I'm late on parade today - never got around to posting yesterday afternoon, and this morning I have been out for my morning walk before switching on the pc. I'm challenging myself to walk 10,000 steps before 10.00 am. 10B410 I'm calling it. I'm telling you because if I never mention it again you might call me on it. This is Day 6. I think it's doing me some good, heaven knows I needed to do something before my joints seized up completely. Well, I now only feel about 87, whereas back at the beginning of March I would have cheerfully accepted an estimate of 103. 

Anyhoo here's my desk this week:-


A lonely commission on the right hand corner awaiting a final instruction on the wording before sticking. I do hate when this happens, I don't like this colour choice, there's been too much dithering, and I want it off my desk. And it's a wedding card, and it makes me realise I have yet to make a card for my son's wedding in just over 3 weeks time. Any suggestions for a vaguely LOTR themed wedding card gratefully received! 

I have a few cat lover birthdays coming up and as none of them know each other I thought I would stamp this NBU stamp and batch make. I'll do a couple for my stash too while it's out. The stamp is so nice it looks great just monochrome but I'll ring the changes a bit - I'm currently stamping on to some gelli print. You can also see my homemade stamping platform using a CD case!! I have lots of them 'cos I made a bunch up to use in class when we were doing rotating/wreath stamping so we weren't all waiting for the same one. They work well but obviously you are limited in size. TBH I tried this stamp in my WRMK platform and a part of it just wouldn't stamp. I swapped to the CD one to check if it was the stamp (think it might have come from China, oops....). Absolutely perfect first time. So....... just shows brands aren't always the best.

The garden is taking up a lot of time at the mo (TBH I'm sitting mostly, reading not doing) and looking lovely. The tulips I planted in November are paying dividends now. There are loads more!!

And before anyone asks for the variety, the orange ones at front left are made of metal - I love them, I bought the shop out when I saw them and gave several away as presents. Never seen them since and wish I'd kept more for myself! Been out 3 winters and still look great. (The stems of my ceramic toadstools not faring quite so well).

Why am I showing you this? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself. 

Have a great week, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy xx








12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Coo, you’re doing well - I aim to do 10,000 during the day. I creaked like an old gate the first few days but I think it is getting better...just!! At least we’ll feel fitter after a while eh? I love the cat stamps - it’s weird, you can get some brilliant dog paper/fabric/stamps but cat stuff tends to be twee. That stamps is very smart though and looks great in monochrome or with a bit of colour! Your garden is looking awesome, the tulips have been fab this year, maybe the colder weather has made them last longer?
HUgs LLJ 6 xxx

Anonymous said...

Even as a not-cat fan I love those images for your cards. They are super sweet and the vibrant colours perfect. 10l before 10AM is VERY ambitious, although I have tracked my steps on a busy cleaning-the-house+laundry day and I can get almost 8K inside the house, so it may very well be doable for you. I do the treadmill, 2 miles every day and that is about as much as I can manage. Oh and your commission looks lovely, from the tiny peep I can see. Have a great day!
Sidetracked momentarily by a new project but determined to visit ALL today! :D
Mary Anne (1)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I love your "10B410" initiative - how long does it take to walk that much? I used to walk to work 3 miles there and 3 miles back (2 hours in total) but I never counted the steps. Google LOTR wedding cards - some suggestions came up that look good - though they're mainly invitations, but they might give you some ideas. The tulips look great - both the metal ones and the real ones - I want to plant some for next year too, but I need hubs to make me a flower bed first. Happy WOYWW! xx zsuzsa #15

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

PS: I love the layout of your garden - will show it to hubs for inspiration! We have a blank canvas here to work with!

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm still targeting 5,000 daily so I admire you and Jan with your 10,000! Gorgeous garden and I've got something like that in mind for our re-do in terms of the path and the lawn. Great job on the CD stamp platform! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

Crafting With Jack said...

10,000 steps seems a big challenge. If I have managed 3000 in a day it is an achievement. Your garden looks lovely, so nice to be able sit in the sunshine - although I prefer the shade when it get very hot. Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #3

Helen said...

crumbs, whatever time do you start steps? Love the 10B410 though, great name! Your tulips look fab, shame you never saw them again to get extras. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the kitty cards they are so sweet. We are walking the dogs every day but not sure that it mounts up to 10,000 steps. Nice garden pics too. You take care and have a very happy creative woyww, Angela x12x

Diana Taylor said...

I am loving that little cat stamp, it looks so versatile - it looks equally lovely in monochrome or with a splash of colour. Your garden is looking fabulous, it's so beautifully designed it looks like something out of a gardening magazine - and I love the metal tulips too, althoug I had to look closely as they look so real.
Good luck with the steps, it's a great idea, but a huge challenge - somedays I reckon I'd struggle doing 1000!
Have a great week,
Diana xx #16

Sarah Brennan said...

Well done on maintaining your 10B410 challenge Cindy - you certainly put me to shame. The cat cards are fabulous! Great garden shots! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Shoshi said...

So glad to hear you've found the secret of eternal youth, Cindy. More power to your elbow (or should I say your knees?). I love the cute kitty stamp. Your garden is looking lovely. I so enjoy this time of year when everyone is showing their lovely gardens!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #20

Susan Renshaw said...

10B410 is pretty impressive.
Love all those cats!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan 14

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...