Wednesday 24 August 2022

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 690

 Morning deskers. Another week has flown by.

Main news: The project is finished (ish). In fact it was my daughter's birthday yesterday and I gave it to her with a few gaps - she will have to provide those photos if she wants them in, I don't have  them. There were tears. What a slog but worth it. No photo as I forgot and I don't know where it is at the mo. But here's her birthday card.

Before you ask, I have no idea where that shoe image is from. In my digital stash from sometime over the last xxx no years. I'm liking these springy cards, so as I had cards to do I did give myself a day off from 'The Project' last week to experiment some more and also try out a NBU embossing folder (sweet pea) from Lisa Horton. Was going for a watercolour effect, quite pleased with the finished cards.






Oh, forgot the desk - here it.

As you can see there are a lot of circles and squares on it. 2 minutes into tidying up I decided my box of 'shape' die cuts needed a sort through. So I started, then remembered it was Wednesday. This is so me.

Never mind  WOYWW, I am loosely committed for lunch/coffee today, I have done no washing or housework since Saturday, have a hair appointment tomorrow, a card class on Friday which I have yet to prep for,  I have 25 coming for drinks and food on Saturday, and there is currently so much stuff on the craft room floor I can barely get my feet down. 

But this is what I am doing with my time. 

Better get on with it then.

So, why am I showing you my desk? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself. 

Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx

15 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

You have some lovely cards. And I love the High Heel Shoe !!!
I could ditto your words on craft space/ and the happenings of the day, Time just flies by and I am less and less organized, I don't know what's with it, but I don't like it. Seems I'm never prepared ahead for anything. But we've had to be gone several days and that hasn't helped. Wishing you peace and it will all work out.

Neet said...

Cindy you sound as if you are going to meet yourself coming backwards. What a busy schedule you have this week.
Love the sweet peas, as you say, they are perfect for your cards, such pretty colours you can use with them. Love the tall shoe card you made for your daughter, very elegant.
Hugs Neet 2 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So glad your daughter loved her album, it sounded amazing with so much love put into it xx. Those cards are fab, thanks for the link last week btw), I love the fact that they fold flat for posting, a win win for sure! Hope you enjoy your busy few days! Xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Those sweet pea cards are beautiful! And I love that shoe image!
What a lot of shapes!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #14
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Anne said...

Hi Cindy seems an age since I have looked your blog. Love both the cards. I think sweet peas are special, my dad used to grow them. So pretty. I am glad that I am not the only one with a messy craft space, housework undone etc, etc. It worries me at times but hey ho I love to craft lol so something has to give!
Have great weekend. Anne x 13

Sarah Brennan said...

Love those springy cards Cindy especially the one for your daughter's birthday. Hope we get to see photos of the project soon. Enjoy your busy week. Trying to visit as many desks as possible before we head up to Scarborough for three nights. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Your cards are wonderful, do show how the springy cards are made please. Well done with the finished project, good to know it was loved. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Annie said...

I've had another busy morning with my fittings/sewing plus I have now finished the eye spy quilt so am taking a break to visit all my fav blogs.
I love your cards and it sounds like you're going to be rather busy.
I will be MIA for a couple of weeks so will catch up with you when I return.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, I'm here just been a bit distracted today. Sorry because I'm sure I've used that excuse before Lol! Those cards look like great fun to make. Sounds like you might just be a bit busy for the rest of the week, try not to overdo it. Wishing you a very happy and productive woyww, Angela x11x

Helen said...

The cards are amazing. hope you find the Project and photograph it for us - after all this time making it we need to see it!! you have a busy few days... hope it all gets done! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Mary Anne said...

The card are stunning and of COURSE your daughter loved her album! I am always busy on a Weds. now, I can never seem to shift the knitters or the Drs. away from that day, try tho; I might. But I do make it round as soon as I can so Happy (late again) WOYWW
Mary Anne (3)

Kelly said...

OH my, Cindy. I had to catch my breath hearing your upcoming busy few days! The cards are all lovely. I do like that sweet pea embossing folder. So much fun. House work can wait - most of the time. LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly #18

BJ said...

Oh so funny stopping half way tidying to extra tidy your diecuts, that's SO me too. Super cards. So glad you got to sort the BIG project out in time and hope you get to photograph it sometime too. BJ#10

Neet said...

popping back - I would be honoured to sit with you at the Crop. Without a doubt.
Hugs, Neet xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Cindy, I’m so late because, well, you get it. I think the birthday card for your gal is fab, so thrilled that she loved The Project, makes it worthwhile, huh! as for the others deadlines and the sudden need to sort out the shapes die cuts…totally. 25 for food and drinks must have been fun, if a little exhausting…there’s not much you can do in advance really, but I do hope you enjoyed!

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...