Wednesday 12 October 2022

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #697

Well hellooooo there deskers. Well into October already - where do the days go? 

I don't have a lot of news as after 2 1/2 years the Covid bug finally got me last week so I have been stuck at home sniffling and coughing and not much in the mood for crafting. Having said that, quite a few boring little jobs have got done so I don't feel it's been a wasted week, despite the amount of time spent have little snoozles under the duvet. Current challenges are the ironing, washing the bathroom floors and planting 100 bulbs for Spring. 

I am under no illusion that all 3 will get done on Wednesday but something will. 

I did have a little flurry of activity today (Tuesday) as I was going through craft stuff and found some pot shaped card blanks that have never been used. As there are quite a few, I thought I could use them up in a class so with very little creative brain at the mo, went on  pinterest to find an idea I liked. I saw a card made using tulips, recalled I had a NBU tulip and die set and then I was off cutting and stamping and then colouring in the garden in the sunshine. What a lovely afternoon. 


So here's my desk from a diff viewpoint with my (unfinished) prototype card. It wouldn't stand reliably -  I had thought that might be a problem - so I cut the 'pot' a bit smaller and added a basic easel. Of course although this sorted that problem I had omitted to check that it fit in a regular envelope - I HATE making envelopes with a passion so that isn't going to happen in front of a class!! Back to the drawing board I think. 3 tulips would solve the envelope problem but might look a bit mingy. Probably I just need to stack them closer together. It would be quite a lot of prep for a class, but its easy prep with a die and a stamp and then it's just colouring, inking and sticking. I could even have a cup of coffee. I think it has legs as a project, what do you reckon?

So, why am I showing you my desk? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself. 

Absolutely stunned to read this morning about Debbie Rock's passing. A truly lovely and generous crafter who for some reason doubted her extraordinary talent. I have a beautiful clock on my wall gifted by her. Condolences to her hubby Phil and family. RIP Debbiexx.

Have a good week all, love n hugs Cindy xx

11 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This nasty virus is really getting going again. I'm sure you'll feel better soon and get round to some jobs and crafting but for now just rest up. Sending hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank you so much for my lovely card and ATC which arrived yesterday! It did feel really strange not being at the Crop, will definitely be at the next one, that’s for sure! So sorry to hear you’ve succumbed to Covid, we’d dodged it for two years as well and it has taken the wind out of our sails a bit. Our son has got it now so we’ve painted a black cross on the front door to warn people of the plague pit inside!! Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs LLJ 1 xxxx
PS I can’t believe about Debbie either, such a talented woman which she never believed. Xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Cindy I love those tulips, sounds like you were making good use of your time, despite the Covid. Nothing worse than wasting time, when you don't feel great. I am sorry to hear about your friend's passing, I don't remember her, but seems so many here also with no warnings. We are enjoying a much needed rain....was getting dangerously dry with all the field work fires are so dangerously quick burning. And in the country water is not readily available in fields. Have a great week

Christine said...

Small steps will get you restored and back to full health . . . . I have one project to do per day until I feel stronger.
love those tulips, roll on Spring!
Christine #17

Helen said...

I love the tulips and hope you find an envelope! I am still stunned about Debbie . Hard to believe . Take care and get well soon Helen #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh am glad to have you back, bet you’re still a bit tired though, it seems to be the exhaustion that takes the longest to overcome. Loving the tulips, definitely got legs as a project, but I totally know what you mean about the envelope making, especially in front of people, it’s the sort of foldy thing that makes my fingers turn into sweaty mushrooms!! Sitting outside to do colour8ng in October, we’ve been lucky, huh!

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the tulips! Sorry to hear you got the dreaded Covid, hope you are better soon, hugs Angela #16

pearshapedcrafting said...

I think Covid catches up with us eventually (we caught it in April) I love the tulip card - hope you solve the envelope problem! Happy WOYWW, Chrisx #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry to hear it hit you finally Cindy. Don't try and overdo things. Loving the card it will make a great class project. Feel better soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Mary Anne said...

Drat that Covid. I feel quite lucky that only DD got it and it was so mild as to be near non-existant. How The Hubster and I occupied the same house successfully and did NOT catch it as well is a mystery. Hope you have recovered completely and are soon back to fighting fit! Love the card and sorry to say I actually LIKE making envelopes :)

Back to being late, but only slightly.
Mary Anne (2)

StampinCarol said...

Hope you have recovered from the bug. Cute card!
Have a great day!
Carol N #14

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...