Wednesday 26 October 2022

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #699

 Morning deskers! Sorry for my absence last week, Wednesday disappeared in the aftermath of deferred activities and commitments due to having Covid. But all's well now. I see we will reach 700 next week - another milestone!! 


You see my desk in a fairly inactive state. My 'crafting' friend visited yesterday (only 4 cards this month)  and after tidying up after her departure I just started to rummage through my Christmas sticker box. I think I will stick them onto card and cut them out so they are more like ready to go embellishments, possibly to put on tags. They certainly aren't getting used as stickers and they have to be used or binned. Because I have now decided the black box can wait, it is time for full on Christmas production. The hat is a recent purchase that hasn't yet found it's way to the er... hattery.

I have recently confirmed that none of the fairs I usually frequent are running this year and I don't care to make the effort to find alternatives. So I find myself unexpectedly in a position of no pressure. I already made at least 80 Christmas cards which will more than meet my requirements so anything I make now is purely for pleasure and the joy of experimentation. Perfect.

These cards are for my next class on Friday - as you can see they will also have a Christmas theme. I am really getting in the zone. I am in love with the reindeer so much (his head wobbles) and it was freakily easy to do. Courtesy of an excellent Jennifer McGuire tutorial 

So, why am I showing you my desk? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself. 


So that's me. This week still has a few plans, and I also hope to get out and about a bit a bit more to enjoy this wonderful autumn weather. Whatever you are doing have a great week.

Love n hugs,

Cindy xx

14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad the pressure is off as far as Christmas cards go Cindy. Love the cards you are making with your next class too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

Mary Anne said...

Oh my. It really IS getting to be that time of year, isn't it? 80cards is astonishing, and glad the pressure is not there but bet you miss the fairs anyway. Glad, too, to hear you are getting over the Covid. Found out our cleaner tested positive on Sunday after being here on Friday and I am imagining symptoms when there really haven't been any. Glad you managed a few cards (Four isn't AWFUL - not against my ZERO, and my Female, Birthday box is looking pretty bleak at the moment...)
Have a lovely week
Happy WOYWW Day!
Mary Anne (6)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Crafting for your own pleasure? That’s sounds a bit dangerous, it might catch on, lol! That reindeer card made me hoot, I love the idea that the head wobbles!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

I love the idea of a reindeer with a wobbly head - your card is lovely. Glad you can craft with no pressure - the best way!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Fun post and happy you've gotten caught up and WOW a lot of cards. Cutest reindeer. here so many quit the card sending, higher postage, delivery issues and younger group just don't have time I guess. I have always done a Christmas letter with a homemade card, but not sure what's in the future with that. !@!
Enjoy a good weekend.

Neet said...

You've made how many C Cards? Wow. Better get my fingers flying I think. I just need to work out what to do for my specials this year, Any great ideas?
Struggling with a 80th birthday card for ideas so I think it is a rummage through the lace type dies and some flower making.
Sorry you are not well at the moment, hope your effects do not last as long as LLJ's as she is still suffering the after effects.
Take care, Hugs, Neet 2 xx
ps I ticked your comment on my blog and it disappeared - don't worry but I did not want you to think I had not published it. Well I haven't have I - but I tried.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Gosh so many people people with Covid! I've never had the pleasure, and fingers crossed, I never will! Good to know all is well now - those vaccines sure seem to work! Loving the cute reindeer especially! Enjoy your week! xx zsuzsa #18 ps. it was fun seeing you in the crop photos!

Helen said...

I can see why you like the reindeer so much. I really must start my Christmas cards, or maybe not... can't get in the swing. Hope you have a good week. Helen #1

Twiglet said...

I hope you are over Covid now - so many have had it recently. I love those Rudolf cards - cute! xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, there are so many people we know that have covid at the moment but well done with the card making they look great. I have finished the Violin today and really need to get into making the Christmas cards before I run out of time. Take care and wishing you a lovely week and a happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Crafting With Jack said...

80 Christmas cards already! Wow! Have fun with the rest you make. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

Julia Dunnit said...

OMG Cindy I love the reindeer too, he’s fab, marvellous to find yourself without Christmas pressure or expectation (in card making, at least!), have oodles of fun with it all. Liking the hat, pleased you’ve got a hattery!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. Thank you for the card and ATC. They took a while to arrive courtesy of strike action - but they got here safely! I was sorry to miss the crop - but simply didn't have the energy to drive 70 miles each way straight after recovering from covid...
Well doen on making all those Christmas cards - I think I have about 70 so far, but at least 14 are going to head off to the church - we try (three of us) to make sufficient so each attender receives one from the leadership. So I still have more needed for family and friends.
I love the reindeer. He looks very jolly.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Marit said...

Aaah, reindeers with wobbling heads, it doesn't get any better than that, lovely!!! I was not thinking about Christmas yet but my beloved and I went out for dinner last night and the square, the restaurant was on, was filled with trees that had little lights in it... so the feeling hit me and now I am thinking about X-mas cards! So you had covid? I hope you didn't get too ill from it... it's going around again isn't it, a lot of my collegues are ill. I will get my 5th (I think it's the 5th) covid jab on Tuesday and I again keep my distance from other persons. Thanks for visiting my blog this week, it's lovely to join again and see what everyone is up to! Enjoy your weekend! Hug from Holland, Marit #3

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...