Wednesday 11 January 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #710

 Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

11th of January already!! Finally starting to get busy in the craft room again after alll the festivities. Here's the desk Monday. I'm still finding UFOs and these are the remnants from a workshop I did 6 years ago, original project here. Judging by the number of spare project packs I was expecting more people but I remember it being well attended. Mayne not!!


Anyhoo, no interest in making another circle book/album but I do have this NBU die (the blue one in the centre above). I think I can use up lots of those bits of paper. I really like the samples I have seen using this die so time to experiment. Because I already had lots of green circles and panels cut out the only extras I have used(apart from card bases) are a couple of sheets of blue and white card. 

Turned out quite well I think, it's great just cutting bits and sticking down - no pressure to think!! I've done 11 for now, and the plan is to load them up with the other bits I have die-cut/stamped already like the one to bottom left below and see where that gets me. 


So I shall be carrying on with that today in between desking - watch this space!! 

Have a great week,

Cindy xx


13 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Looks like a fun project. These turned out beautifully. AND yes were has most of January gone? It always seems like the longest month. Enjoy a good week Happy WOYWW #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really like those patchwork circles, they’re so neat! I can see they’re stuck onto black card but do you use a die for the bits? If I freehand cut those they’d be all shapes lol!!
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

Twiglet said...

What a great idea and perfect for using up scraps. The effect is striking - love them! x x Jo

Mary Anne said...

Crikey. I'm glad it isn't just me that has hoarding tendencies!! Love the cards, super cute, and they remind me a bit of a layout I did in a flexagon style. In the process or fulfilling a request for a birthday/Valentines card in a similar style but stuggling with the exact right papers. Typical. HAPPY WOYWW!
Mary Anne (10)

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your patchwork circles. They look lovely all together! I hate to think of how many UFOs I have... Happy WOYWW! Susan #6

Christine said...

What a great find.
That die is certainly becoming value for money!! Love all those cards. . . .

Have a good week
Christine #17

Helen said...

I love all those patchwork circles! Have a creative week Helen #4

BJ said...

Love what you have done with the circle patchwork die, super job. Sorry Coal Posts went over your head, they are just old markers around London where taxes were required to bring in Coal. Got the go ahead today too, after contacting the wrong authority first. Too right about not enough plants when you get home form the garden centre, so need another trip or two or.....Eeeeek. Hugs BJ

Caro said...

Those patchwork circles are great! So colourful and perfect as backgrounds ot cards. Happy WOYWW. Take care of yourself, with love & God Bless, Caro x (#12)

Sarah Brennan said...

Love that die for using up scraps and creating backgrounds for a focal image Cindy. I have a similar one which I must dust off. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Most certainly will watch the space, they look great. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the circles, a great die to have. Just putting away the Christmas craft today, so I can start this years x Angela #18

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...