Wednesday 4 January 2023

Wnat's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #709 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

 Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Well another year has slipped away and my craft room has received a little clean up as there has been so little time for crafting. I moved my big glass mat and found this little guy - he'd obviously been put underneath while the glue was drying and then been forgotten about!! 



How did your Christmas go? We drank a lot of prosecco and played a lot of board games. Dark Cranium was brought out of retirement and I now remember why - the last time we played I laughed so much I nearly choked. Ditto this year. We really liked a new game called 'Tension'. Bit like 5 Second Rule without the annoying noisy buzzer thing. Still getting to grips with 'Colt Express' but love the train pieces and think it will become a favourite. No NY resolutions from me apart from trying to be a more regular participant on Wednesdays but this did make me smile.

Despite crafting being on the back burner I did pick up a commission over the holidays which I really should try to do and I have managed to get all my birthday cards for Jan and Feb ready to be posted. January and February are my Christmas card making months - I kid you not - and I can't wait to get cracking.

On which note, thanks to everyone who sent me a card, they are truly appreciated!! Decs came down Tuesday but I haven't been through the cards yet so will post some pics next time.

Have a wonderful week,

Cindyxx



16 comments:

Marit said...

Happy New Year to you Cindy and what do you say...? You make X-mas cards in January and February? O my, you have me grinning now! Well, good luck ;) Hug from Holland. Marit #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The crafty funny made me laugh out loud though I have t say that I have almost no unfinished projects apart from a cross stitch which I pick up occasionally, look at and then put back again, lol! We’re a games playing family too, lots of cards and board games, Colt Express sounds a good one, I shall investigate. Have fun making your new Christmas cards as well!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

That resolution made me smile too! Happy New Year and WOYWW! Susan #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm very impressed with the tidy work space, well done. I love the New Year resolution idea sounds like something I should do. Wishing you a very Happy New Year woyww. hugs, Angela x10x

Caro said...

Nice tidy workspace but the thought of making Christmas cards in January and February fills me with horror... I make mine in November usually! Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Love & God Bless, Caro xx (#15)

Annie said...

I love a tidy desk to get started and we have put all our decorations away too...was glad to see the back of 2022 but thankfull the new year has started off rather better.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy New Year Cindy. We got Cards Against Humanity out again this year played by three generations and the older ones were by far the most risque lol. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Helen said...

I wish I could share a tidy desk for the new year.... I did laugh at the new years resolution, I have seen it about a lot lately! I don't know Dark Cranium but it sounds fun! Happy New Year WOYWW Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

I say (rather smugly) I have already done my cards for this year 🤣. Never happened before! At least the pressure is off 🙂 Happy WOYWW. Angela #19

BJ said...

Looks like you have a start made on the Christmas cards with your find! LOL I only seem to make a few cards these days and then only just before I need them! Oh my you are so organised. BJ#14

Lynn Holland said...

Happy new year Cindy. I hope 2023 is kind to you.
Looking forward to seeing more of your creations this year
Lynn 9 xx

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier
I bet that poor guy is pleased to be free at last!! lol
I too make a load of Christmas cards now no stress and I can enjoy making them.
I can so relate to you poster, I am determined to clear my craft room of junk......
Have a good week
Christine # 16

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Cindy, I thought I was doing well having made a couple of big birthday birthday cards for the end of this month. I must advance! Your desk is enviously tidy, very inviting actually, I could happily move onto that since mine is a bit trashed right now. I love the thing about finishing projects…it cert@only applies to stash and idea if not actual kits. Argh! Happy Mew Year gal, I really hope we see each other this year too.

Mary Anne said...

Your resolution made me smile! We played Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Detective, but only managed one case. Other than than, all of Xmas was taken up suffling about and trying not to spread Covid. Didn't work. Hopefully we will now have a brief period of immunuty. If only I could smell or taste.... Ah well. Congrats on your commissions BTW! and HAPPY NEW YEAR and (late) HAPPY WOYWW! May it be a great one for us all.
Mary Anne (13)

Kyla said...

oh wow I had to google some of those games, interesting.
Loving that resolution-SO true! I also agree re Jan and Feb, I try each year to make (usually) about 15-20 Christmas cards by the end of Jan (that way there is one less thing to worry about at the end of year).
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

Lynnecrafts said...

Your crafty funny is a bit like my NY intentions but I never really catch up.
Good luck with your commission

I'm catching up a bit late this week.
Take care
hugs
Lynnecrafts 16.

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...