Wednesday 18 January 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #711

 Morning All!! Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Well this year it seems is starting as it means to go on. I mean honestly, where did that week go? 

So, the desk... 

Can you tell I've been making an effort to work tidy? Been making up a few little die cut figures to go on those patchwork Christmas cards I showed last week. Here are the ones that I've  finished off with bits I already had cut out and/or made up.  



I also managed to squeeze in a special make this week. Like how this turned out, not my usual thing.



In our 'nuclear' family group we did not do presents this Christmas,  we booked a  family activity instead. We went to Monopoly Life Sized on Sunday and then out for a meal. It was a real hoot, and even I managed to join in (well couldn't let the teletubby show me up could I). Really a series of mini escape room type challenges - but for some of them we really needed those younger eyes, knees and reflexes!! 

So I'm off for a massage this morning, then have an afternoon of WOYWWing and thinking about my next craft club meet. No idea what to do for a project and its shaping up to be a class of 10 or more. Must get my thinking cap on!!

Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindy xx



15 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, you've just reminded me that it wont be long before our craft club meet again so better get thinking! I always plan to carry on making Christmas cards but things have got in the way this year and I've hardly done any crafting at all so we'll see. The family activity sounds like a great idea too, pleased you had a good time. Sending hugs and best wishes for a happy woyww, Angela x11x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a great do8ng those activities, glad you enjoyed…so much better to make family memories rather than have more stuff. Those patchwork cards turned out really well, the figures were the perfect finishing touch!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Tracy said...

Goood morning Cindy 🤗 oh my giddy aunt how gorgeous they are 🎅🎄 😛 tooo that beautiful card,loving it all and those colours are in perfect harmony ❤ Looks like you all had a fab time at the life sized monopoly ... didn't know they did that, wait till I tell Alex 😁 where is it at Cindy? Goood luck with your project, sure it will be gorgeous and loved by the group. Sending love and hugs Tracy #14 xxx

Mary Anne said...

Ha! Can't decide which I like the idea of better - a massage or life-sized Monopoly! what a hoot that must have been. I love your cards and well done you for getting ahead of the game. Have a HAPPY WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Crafting With Jack said...

Not heard of Monopoly Lifesized - my daughter would love that although her health hasn’t been good lately. Glad you had a great time. Can you tell me what the name of the circle die is please? I do like the cards made with it. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Christine said...

Love all those cute Christmas images.
I love the idea of a family activity, I take my SIL and Dx to the pantomime after Christmas, we just managed to get in before it finishes this year.
Monopoly sounds a great way to work together with lots of fun.
Have a good week
Christine #18

Cardarian said...

Hi Cindy!

I really like your patchwork cards have they been made for this Christmas or next one?!? I think I will steal your idea for next year! :-)
Glad to be back looking at all the lovely makes!
Hugs from Slovenia are coming your way!

Annie said...

We have an escape room boked with our son and daughter in law and are really looking forward to it...glad you enjoyed yours.
Hugs,
Annie x # 5

Neet said...

Hi Cindy, the day out sounds wonderful. Bags of fun and with family too. Just wish I was fit and active enough to do something like that. I want to do an Alice in Wonderland one.
Love your little figures, they kook great and especially when you put them on those gorgeous patchwork cards. Just wish I could get motivated, hopefully Saturday's workshop will help. Which reminds me I need to see how she did those stones in the foreground of the sample
Here's to a good week ahead for you and yours
Hugs, neet 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

What a great idea as a change from physical presents Cindy and looks like a lot of fun too. Love the finished patchwork cards. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

I am glad you enjoyed the activity in lieu of presents - a very good idea! hope you've come up with an idea for the craft club! thanks for visiting. Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Your patchwork cards are really gorgeous - so bright and cheery too. x x Jo

BJ said...

Oh your 60th birthday card is amazing, really striking and special. Love all the patchwork chrimbo cards too. And super tidy. Hugs BJ#17

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Miss CIndy, those cards are fabulous! Love ‘em. You’re very patient putting together the die cut pieces is not something I’m too good at, patience wise! In fact, I can count on one hand how many dies ‘with bits ‘ that I actually own! Love the idea of the monopoly, will be looking out for such things, especially as my immediate family make a terrible fuss about playing the board game, would love to force them into such a version and see them enjoy it!

Susan Renshaw said...

I had to look up Monopoly Life-sized to see what it was about!
Love those circular cards!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #8

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...