Wednesday 10 April 2024

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #775

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Wow that week went fast!! For once I have done loads of crafting - starting with my class last Friday when my ladies blew me away with  their creativity with the floating seagull cards. They were basically working just with scraps but produced some beautiful cards and have continued to do so at home (and there were only a couple of mistakes with the basic card fold........).

So, after the class I had a lot of scraps left and decided I didn't want to file them again so made a few more cards myself. (I did have to add a bit of vellum and some black card as my scraps were too small but otherwise a total win on the using up scraps front).




I had a few bits left that were really very small, but found a 'postage stamp' punch and made some backgrounds - really like these!! In the end I only put 5 pieces of card back in the scrap box. (Sorry but I am obsessed).





On Tuesday my desk (aka dining room table) was the site of some different crafty activity. For Mother's Day DD bought me some lego flowers. A nice crafty present which I accepted with good grace but actually it's a job isn't it? Not a present. So I dragooned my sister (lego nerd) into coming over for the afternoon and we finally put them together. The air was blue at times, it severely challenged my arthriticy hands but I suppose they turned out OK. I did not enjoy doing it one bit and had to open a bottle of prosecco to make it through. 

Weird as it may seem I will now going back to Christmas as I am severely behind. So don't tune in next week if you don't want to see Christmas cards!! 

Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx

13 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh my knitting mate has loads of the Lego flowers, as well as a really pretty heart wreath. Love the! Clicking for a close up of the postage stamp cards was worth it! Love the effect and NEED more info on the punch. What a cute effect, so useful and unlike most I've seen!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Wow Cindy that's a great collection of cards, love them. Loving the flowers, not seen those before. Now Christmas cards! there's a thing to think about again! Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x7x

Annie said...

W hat a wonderful lot of cards you’ve made….I particularly like the patchwork ones ….but of course I would 😀
Lego flowers? That’s a new one on me….I love the effect.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lynnecrafts said...

Your floating seagull and ‘postage stamp’ cards are beautiful! Well done for using up most of your scraps as well. When it comes to flowers I prefer ones that avoid hassling the recipient- I like Flowercards so you don’t even need a vase.
Glad the Prosecco helped anyway. Regarding the drawing of my Chinese sages, I’m not very experienced in portrait painting, and they say it’s harder to draw someone you know well. My Dad brought the sages back from the Far East in WW2 so they’re older than me.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3 xx

Helen said...

What fabulous cards ! Well done on all the scraps using . Shame you didn't enjoy the lego flowers . Happy woyww. Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Still only making quick visits. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Still only making quick visits. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous cards, the postage stamp backgrounds were a great idea and I love the white flowers. I shall have to look for that die. Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Twiglet said...

Ah that little Lego posy is fab they look so real at first glance x x Jo

BJ said...

Oh those lego flowers would have been heaven for me, love putting stuff together despite the hand pains, funny how we are all different. In fact I didn't realise they were lego until I read your post! Super cards, can see my 70th on the horizon - LOL Hugs BJ#6

BJ said...

forgot to say, love the postage stamp cards and it reminded me I have a postage stamp die too....Hugs BJ#6

Julia Dunnit said...

Omigosh Cindy, I’m still laughing at the Lego, sorry not sorry! I don’t even like Prosecco but would defo have had to join you in that for a Lego session! Having said that, the flowers do look great! I’m not sure I realised how much assembly they’d take! Still
Smiling, prolly will wherever I see them now.
Delighted the class went well, the ‘scraps’ cards look absolutely amazing, I’m blown away by the postage stamp punch idea, brilliantl! Did you stress awfully about matching colours and things, or just do it?! And finally, that beautiful flower die.. you are being very wnabling, a you tell me where it’s from ? Gorgeous.

Kyla said...

ooh the cards look great and well done for only 5 pieces of card back in the box. thats a big win! the lego flowers looks great, I know what you mean about the arthitic hands though, I think I would have to take lots of breaks making them BUT they do look good.
Thanks for visiting my desk already, glad others found their cards blanks can be too thin too, sadly I bought these in a physical well known shop, needless to say I wont again!
kyla

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...