Wednesday 11 February 2009

Blogging, it must be Wednesday....

I really don't know what is worse, starting projects that require lots of time between stages to dry or having so many things on the go that it seems to take a week to get anything finished!!! Have spent so much time in my craft room while I've been poorly I'm starting to get stir crazy, think I had better have a break soon lol...



Anyhow, this is my attempt at the ACF challenge. I couldn't figure out what to do with the whole image, so I started cutting it down, then thought maybe I would put it on an oval tile,then thought it looked a bit like locket....so yes I then made a locket, not sure why, with a top and bottom, all done with metal magic on the outside and stamped with a big medallion stamp (sorry the photo of that hasn't come out and youngest has run off with my camera - may add a piccie later). For the bit with the picture I made a 'frame' or edge with my glue gun. After touching up the glue with gold rub ons and a bit of gold mica powder I flooded the inside with glossy accents to make it shiny like glass. I even added a metal bead for the chain to go through. It would have been so much quicker to just make an atc.......

4 comments:

Jan said...

What a lovely idea - it works so well.
I hope you are feeling a bit better.

vintage wil said...

Wow this is beautiful work !great idea.

~Babs said...

Cool work, well worth the extra effort!

Femmy said...

great idea Cindy!! love it, it's beautiful!!

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...