Friday 6 February 2009

A week in ATCs..

It's been over a week since I uploaded my daily art cards and I have been playing with a few different techniques this last week, mainly using resist embossing, stamping and colouring.



This first ATC uses clear stamping and embossing on white card, this is then inked over and then a paper and iron (no steam) used to remove the embossing powder. This gives you your original stamp in white, and you can then stamp over the top as you wish.



I have been using this technique for a while, but after looking at a tutorial on Tim Holtz' website, I tried using the technique over patterned paper - think this turned out rather well!!



All in all spent quite a bit of time making up backing papers this week using this method and I've got lots ready to use although I did get a bit carried away - some of them are rather bright!! You can also sometimes end up with really interesting waste - that's what I've used for the background paper on this collage ATC. It's hard to see but the number stamp I used originally has a reversed image - doesn't bother me though!!!

Finally, a little collage. Just like this one, nothing fancy just pretty.

8 comments:

~Babs said...

These are all really interesting,,,so many techniques, so little time!
(smile)

Mooneybeams said...

I really like the last one with the lady and little bird on her shoulder. I love resist embossing too - great fun! And the ironing paper has all sorts of interesting patterns on it when you're done!

Femmy said...

these are so beautiful!! have to use that technique more myself,

DF - Heidi said...

as ever stunning bits of work - i really dont think you have time to play with artclay as well LOL but you will find time and then think why hadnt i done this before!!!!and where is the time to fit it all in
hxx

Mooneybeams said...

Hiya -

Thanks for your comments on my blog - am resigned to it now, except I was planning to go to NZ next year to see my Dad and Stepmum and friends from school, but that may or may not happen now :(.

Definitely up for a challenge, though - I need something to get me kickstarted. What do you have in mind?

Creative Chaos said...

Fantastic ATC's !!!
Patti xx

Viv said...

Great work Cindy, resist embossing is new to me...but tried it and oh dear another addiction! lol

Sian said...

These are all great!

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...