Saturday 20 June 2020

Getting Painty

During the endless purge/tidy up whatever you want to call it I came across some images from I would guess nearly 10 years ago that I drew when I was considering whether it would be possible to break in to the digital stamping market. There are 4 original designs and needless to say I never took it any further. So they have just been sitting in a file all this time. As I still have the desk set up for paints and mess, I thought I would do a couple of small canvases with two of the images.





I drew these designs when I first discovered the Julie Nutting prima dolls - which I still love. I know some  people don't like the 'faceless' look but I do like the way the characters have attitude even without facial expressions, and at the time I was even less confident with faces than I am now. Whilkst doing these pieces I toyed with the idea of adding eyes etc for about 30 seconds - but decided that on balance I liked them 'vacant' and that I would keep to the original spirit of the drawings.

Hope you like.

1 comment:

Glennis F said...

Very professional Cindy, I love them

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...