Wednesday 3 June 2020

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? WOYWW # 574

Well I am just going to start with the perpetual moan - how come the weeks go so fast? You would think in lockdown that boredom would have set in but no, I haven't really found that to be the case although there is an element of Groundhog day creeping into my life. But hey ho, here we are again, it's cooler today and although my day has had nothing but interruptions so far (good ones!!) I am finally in the craft room and determined to get some 'stuff' done. Which sentence made me smile, thinking of a friend I just spoke to who said she'd like to go back to  the begining of lockdown and start again because she hadn't achieved anything yet. 

So this week, because I am playing with my new phone, and my craft room is reasonably tidy, and I haven't subjected you to a loooong post in a while, we have a threefer photograph wise.

First, this is my computer desk area where I construct these wonderful WOYWW posts. 



As you can see it is perfectly ergonomically correct lol. The three drawer cabinet on the left is full of ribbon. FULL OF. The boxes on top of the printer are the cards I am going to send out/store, notebooks, ink cartridges and recycled envelopes. The box you can just see to the right of the pc is WIP Box 3 which I am currently working on. The rest is fairly self explanatory I would think. Honestly it looked much tidier through the camera lens. And something there especially for you Jan.



This is my work desk, with the good views and light. Yesterdays WIPS - why on earth did I think a parrot die would be a good idea? - three little glossy accent noses drying on the doggies. That weird thing at the back is my atc holder - it's usually full of the current year's WOYWW swap ATCs but of course 2019's are all in the folder. 


This is my main desk which juts into the centre of the room and where I regularly make a HUGE mess. It's also what I use when I have visitors who like to craft and I can even pull it out a bit bigger (but then we can't move much!!)  You can see 4 of my die cut machines over to the left and my scan n cut to the right behind my cuppa. Five? That's not too many is it? (huh Try 12, you just can't see them all) . My desk is all set up for overhead video mode (please don't laugh) as I have one to do today. Look at that EMPTY box on the chair. That was WIP box 2. 



And finally, just because I mentioned it last week, here is what I did with those makeup cut outs that were on my desk .


Why am I telling you all this? Because it's WOYW Wednesday, the day when we go for a wander around the desks of the great and the good courtesy of the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground. Pop on over and join in why don't ya?

Happy WOYWW, stay home if you can, 
stay well, 
stay safe, 


Cindy xx

16 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That fabric was the first thing I saw on your pic! I really loved that funky Union Jack pattern and made loads of items from it, probably back in 2012 I guess, when it was the Jubilee and Olympics. That's my Proust Madeline moment for the day! I'm so pleased it's still going and giving you good service! I was impressed by your organised space but wow, is that drawer really full of ribbons - all neatly sorted as well, lololol!! I think you need to give us a peek next week. I love those little scotty dogs, they're so cute - and why not a parrot die? I think it's a great idea.
Hope you're keeping your gin glass topped up,
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Neet said...

Oh WOW Cindy, what fabulous shelving you have on your walls - in fact what a fabulous craft room you have. It is huge and so full of lovely things. I do like the bunting!
It all looks very professional, especially the video section, love that big light you have close to it.
Do you mean you have 12 die cut machines? Really? I thought I was a bit over the top with (think 5 or maybe 6) but that is counting the Wizard which I never use, but then I don't use the Cricut either.
Oh Cindy, have you ever looked around and thought just how much money there is tied up in a craft room? I despair when I think of the money I have spent and I look at what I never use. Still I have been happy using stuff for a long time and I guess that is what counts.
I want to come over and we can pull out the extra section of the desk so we can sit together and craft. I could Glossy Accent more Scottie noses for you.
Hugs, Neet xx 9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, thats a serious number of die cutting machines! Love the look around your craft room, mine needs a good tidy before I try that, lol. The scotty dogs look great, and hope you get the parrot die sorted out. Stay safe,Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. WOW! Loving the cute scottie dogs... Looking round I have DST envy! I spotted the box of reels. I have been so busy since lockdown I'm nearly out. My local craft shop simply HAS to open up soon... Your room is amazing - so much space. All those shelves on the wall - all those drawers with ribbons... phew! Would love to come and have a real nosey around. I love the makeup box card!
Did I read correctly that you have 12 diecutting machines? Goodness..
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #1

Sarah Brennan said...

You have an amazing workspace Cindy, so thanks for showing it in all its glory today. Hope the videoing went well. I keep getting asked about YouTube videos but I am definitely not confident bout getting started with those. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

I love your workspace, it looks full yes but very organised.. unlike here! If I weren't working maybe (just maybe) I'd do something about it.... ha ha ha....Have a good week. Helen #3

StampinCarol said...

Your room is pretty big! And look at all those die cutting machines! WOW!
I like your camera holder. It's much more stable than mine.
Anyway, great room!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #27

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the view of your studio area, so much space. You are so well organised with your equipment. Wishing you a happy woyww and a great crafty week, Angela x15x

sandra de said...

Ohhh Cindy your studio area looks like I could walk through and do some wonderful craft shopping. So many goodies on display. I do love those little doggies on your desk. Yes, the weeks fly by and I also have not achieved as much as I thought I would in a week. But, then again I flit from one project to another and completely forget where I started LOL.
Sandra de @11

Marit said...

Oh WOWZAH, there's so much to see on and around your desks, I love the photos and am with my nose against the computer screen to see it all!!! Such an inspiring room you have! Thanks for your visit to my blog yesterday, happy – belated – woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #20

Twiglet said...

Your work room is awesome Cindy - so much wonderful crafty stuff! I'm chuckling at the parrot die - sounds like something from a Monty Python sketch! xx Jo

Caro said...

Wow! I love your craft space - so many interesting goodies to play with and good surfaces to play on. Happy Belated WOYWW. Stay safe and I hope you have a nice week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#7)

Lisa-Jane said...

Oh gosh! Those little scotty dogs and that make up card - genius!! And what a well stocked craft studio you have there too. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #17

Julia Dunnit said...

My word I enjoyed that fourfer...what a marvellous room. I really thought you’d lost if four a minute though, I see three Westie type dogs and ours talking about a parrot. I enlarged and think I can see a toucan, but not a parrot. I’m clearly not looking in the right place! Amazing progress on the WIPS, Cindy, I thin you need to get the empty UFO boxes out of your room so you cant refill them too easily! And really, do you have 12 cutting machines? I want to know which one you favour above all now. And I want to come and play in your room. Mine seems a bit lacking now!

Shoshi said...

You've got a great room, Cindy, and the light looks fabulous too. I think you've got as much, if not more, stuff than I've got lol! It's certainly a hive of industry. I agree that the time is passing really fast these days. It's nice to see signs of the lockdown being eased at last.

Thank you for your visit and your kind words! I usually try and think of an arresting title if I can, and that one seemed to slot nicely into place this week! So glad you like my sideways knit jumper. I made it more years ago than I can remember, and examining it closely now, I realise how much there is wrong with it, and how much I have learnt since. I have now completed the redoing of the neck and it has worked well, but it looks a bit puffy. I think it will be OK once it's been washed and pressed. There is more work to do on it than I originally anticipated but it will be worth getting it right.

I laughed at the awful crunching under the bench while I was having my breakfast, too! You do have to see the funny side of all that grossness. Mostly our kitties are pretty well behaved but having baby birds around really is too much of a temptation for them, and their wild side will out!!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #14

Anne said...

Cindy I love your room, you have so much lovely stuff lol. I don't feel so bad about mine now. I feel that I have not done anywhere near what I thought I would achieve when Lock down started. On the whole it has all gone well for us. I mainly miss being able to hug my family. see my mum and spend time with my friends. Take care, Anne x 22

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...