Wednesday 2 November 2022

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #700

Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Wow, week no 700, that's a big number. Let's face it, this desking business has been going on a very long time now!! So pleased to have you all in my life, even if we are all dipping in and out, long may we continue.

So, to catch you up with this week. Well, the class on Friday didn't go that well even though there were only a few of us. The building has been refurnished since I was last there and the new tables were a great size, there was plenty of space, the light was amazing and they opened the back door for us to get a nice breeze as it was very warm. But somehow I wasn't quite on my game, or maybe it was just everyone was uber chatty as we hadn't met for a while. Anyhoo, we had reindeers with no antlers, heads that wouldn't wobble and I forgot to take the silhouette stamps with me so we couldn't do the second card. Doh. I really needed a coffee by the time we had 'finished'. Afterwards I realised that this was supposed to be a social group and the cards were secondary. So, if they were being social we were in fact meeting my original agenda and I should just not worry about whether they got the card completed or not. Must try and remember that!!

Back in my craft room I have been facing up to the 'Christmas' paper scrap mountain which must be resolved. After watching a few Youtube videos (hit the mother load with Septeria 18, tons of ideas for paper scraps) I ended up with these: -

I have now made them into these supercute little bow embellishments.


Here is my desk this morning. I had to tidy a little before the photo it was just a sea of paper and die cuts. 



I found that stamp in the centre whilst rummaging, kind of sums up where I am right now.

I'm now making up these layered  embellishment clusters. After much playing around with my punches and dies I have found a formula I like so will be quite quick to put these together now. Septeria 18 of course says just plonk anything together it'll look great. But I am not very good at random, although  I think that says more about my choice of paper pads than my artistic ability.

No idea what I am going to do with them all (suggestions gratefully received) but they are fun and quite relaxing to make. Unfortunately, cute as these and the bow clusters are, I am replacing one problem (too many scraps) with another (where the heck am I gonna keep these?).

First world problems. Have a great week everyone. Love n hugs Cindy xx


12 comments:

Mary Anne said...

What a fab idea! You can add each as a lovely tag+bow topper to every gift you give. I would say sell them off at any local craft fair otherwise. They are all so pretty. But maybe make a wreath of a bunch of them? I did one using the tim holtz rosette die and that looked really cute. You can add them to either a wreath form or a flat cardboard circle. Either way it would look lovely hung for the holidays. What ever you do wit them, as little pieces each one is gorgeous.Be sure to share when you decide :)

Happy 700th WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 700!! I still love visiting your desk cos you always make such amazing things. That box of strips looks so unpromising but voila, they turn into beautiful rosettes…genius! I try to avoid scraps but was given some fabric recently that wasn’t suitable for my sales but too good to throw away hence I’m going to try scrappy quilting.
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Christine said...

That is some recycling going on!! Love those ribbon bows. Well, done and I'm sure you will find a way to use up some more of those scraps.
have a good week
Christine #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving these, I presumed you were making them into gift tag. They would look lovely on any gift wrapping but equally they could be hung on the Christmas tree or used as bunting. I tend to cut my scraps into strips and line them up on card to create a new Masterboard. Happy 700th anniversay week and wishing you a very creative woyww, Angela x9x

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous toppers to add to wrapped CHristmas gifts instead of a bow Cindy. I am sure everyone had a great time at your class and it sounds as if it was a great social event. Stay safe and Happy 700th WOYWW. Sarah #1

Helen said...

I am sure the next class will go better! and yes, it's a social thing first and foremost... I love your clusters, great use of scraps. thanks for the tip off too I'll check them out! Happy 700 and many more. Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

You could make Christmas cards, Christmas tags, put them back to back and hang them on the Christmas tree 🤗🤗. Have a great week. Angela #13

Lindart said...

You have nicely recycled some of those scraps! They would be great on a gift like a bow! Or give some to other crafty friends with their Christmas card. They would probably do nicely on a card as well, or a gift tag! have fun! Let us know how you used them! Have a great week, Lindart #22

Tracy said...

Hello Cindy, despite not finishing I'm sure the joy you all had spending time together was special in every way ⭐️ Such beauty you created from those strips ❤️ to your gorgeous clusters, love them all. You take care ... love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. Gorgeous makes - well done. Parcel decorations? Ribbon on the back and they become tree decs, Just pretty additions to parcels with no function other than fun?
It sounds like the craft group had a fabulous time together, even if it wasn't quite how you had visualised the time. How I would love more craft afternoons like that!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Marit said...

Happy 700th woyww! I am late with my visit but I managed to squeeze some time to look at desks this morning, and I like what I see! Those little bows are beautiful and such a nice idea to get rid of 'nice paper that I don't want to throw away', will have to remember that! Have a great day/weekend dear. Love from the Netherlands. Marit #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Yup, I’m with the others, parcel and card toppers. They are fab, well done for persevering through the YT rabbit hole! I agree wholeheartedly about the workshops, if they leave happy, it doesn’t matter. But I also agree wholeheartedly that it does make you panic thst they aren’t getting much done…it really is a difficult one to square in your head, because you can do it and do it well and reasonably quickly, but so many stop to chat that in the end you have to give in to the fact that they don’t mind unfinished or not quite right! I do like your modus operandi- from basket to box for protection. I noticed that at the crop, such a good idea for protection!

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...